The Student Room Group

Cardiff University A100 2022 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Daughter has received an alternative offer of Optometry today
Original post by YourBestFriend12
Does anyone have cardiff interview tips? My interview is coming up in a few days and i'm nervous !

Hi,

Congratulations on getting an interview :smile:
If you have done your research on common topics Cardiff covers in their interview and have written down bullet points for common questions you should be fine! You don't want to rehearse your answers too much as you could sound robotic and if you get a question that's worded a bit differently you could freeze. However by having a general idea of what you'd say, you can adapt your points to whatever question they ask you.
Try to have a good night sleep and a nice meal before your interview so you'll be relaxed during it. Remember to smile, look at the camera and have fun!
If you want extra information and tips on Cardiff interview, check out our blog here :smile:

Venessa
Medic Mind
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
That’s actually so nice of them! Me too ahaha - I applied to King’s, Newcastle, Bristol and East Anglia. I hope you get offers this year!!

hope you do 2 !!!
Has anyone heard back from Cardiff after the interview? when can you expect to hear from them after interview on offer/rejections?
(edited 2 years ago)
What is the clinical skills video? Is it part of the interview?
^^ as in is it something we will be assessed on
Original post by iSatNav
Has anyone heard back from Cardiff after the interview? when can you expect to hear from them after interview on offer/rejections?

Mid March last year. Interviews end on 15th Feb and offers/rejections a month later, after they’ve scored, considered and ranked all interviewees. Last year offers care out first and then rejections later.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by leiaprst
What is the clinical skills video? Is it part of the interview?

nope it's just a video that all the applicants watch after being interviewed, showing what the Cardiff C21 course is like
Original post by watermellone
nope it's just a video that all the applicants watch after being interviewed, showing what the Cardiff C21 course is like

ohhh thank you so much!
Original post by user_2022
Mid March last year. Interviews end on 15th Feb and offers/rejections a month later, after they’ve scored, considered and ranked all interviewees. Last year offers care out first and then rejections later.

Thank you @user_2022 for the message
I think Cardiff also operate a waiting list which might be more use this year given exams etc.
Original post by cocopops1618
People who have emailed the admissions email address about alternative offers, how long did they take to reply to you?

I still haven't heard back since the 27th and I emailed back a couple of hours after recieving the alternative offer 😭🤷
anyone else waiting to be let in for their interview rn?
guys did you get a zoom link for the interview with the eventbrite ticket or do they email you a zoom link?
Original post by 4iisha
guys did you get a zoom link for the interview with the eventbrite ticket or do they email you a zoom link?

They would send a separate email with the zoom link
For those that recieved an alternative offer when did the admissions team get back to you, because they emailed me saying that I should email them by 9th February, and I emailed a while back and still haven’t received a reply and today is the due date? Is anyone else in the same position as me?
Original post by Unknown3598
For those that recieved an alternative offer when did the admissions team get back to you, because they emailed me saying that I should email them by 9th February, and I emailed a while back and still haven’t received a reply and today is the due date? Is anyone else in the same position as me?

Yeah I emailed on the 29th of Jan and haven't heard anything. I'm considering phoning them tomorrow
(edited 2 years ago)

it's the same for me maybe they're just super inundated with emails 🤷

I'm in the same situation too...
Original post by cocopops1618
People who have emailed the admissions email address about alternative offers, how long did they take to reply to you?

took 6 days for admissions to reply telling me that theyd forward my queries to optometry, and 3 days for optometry to reply to me!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending