What happened to mighty England?

Watch
This discussion is closed.
ms500
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Old England used to be such a mighty land; we ruled the world, colonised all of the best lands, and English people were the most intelligent and self-supporting people around.

Now, the population is diluted with weird people from foreign lands; people rely on the government for things like healthcare, and more than 30% of people depend on the government for half of their income.

We rule nothing except a small damp Island, and won't even rule that if the EU gets its way, and people ***** on endlessly about a 'credit crunch'.

We used to have beautiful, unspoilt countryside, where kings and princes would go hunting, but now we have sprawling, crime ridden council estates for the poor.

Where did it all go wrong?
Amanda
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
America stepped in.
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
People with your views were born.
ForeverIsMyName
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ms500)
Old England used to be such a mighty land; we ruled the world, colonised all of the best lands, and English people were the most intelligent and self-supporting people around.

Now, the population is diluted with weird people from foreign lands; people rely on the government for things like healthcare, and more than 30% of people depend on the government for half of their income.

We rule nothing except a small damp Island, and won't even rule that if the EU gets its way, and people ***** on endlessly about a 'credit crunch'.

We used to have beautiful, unspoilt countryside, where kings and princes would go hunting, but now we have sprawling, crime ridden council estates for the poor.

You, Ms, need a history book. And fast. 400 years ago Britain was in the same state that Africa is in today.
Hygge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Population "diluted with weird people from foreign lands"? Maybe it "all went wrong" when people started thinking things like this.
username221592
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Amanda)
America stepped in.
Agreed. We need to rebuild the British Empire and take over America again.
Seven_Three
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Liberalism, also immigration.
Student2806
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ms500)
We used to have beautiful, unspoilt countryside
We still do, if you know where to look.
Superman_Jr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
America stole our place of tranquility and called it New England.
Marsha2112
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ms500)

All I can say is

1)Oh really
3)Oh dear
Amanda
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Phil2008)
That would definitely be interesting to see.
Mozzi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Hygge)
Population "diluted with weird people from foreign lands"? Maybe it "all went wrong" when people started thinking things like this.
Bullseye! 100% Agreed. :cool:
Democracy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Seven_Three)
Liberalism, also immigration.
:wtf?: British history is the history of successive waves of immigrants Mr BNP.
ms500
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
(Original post by Amanda)
America stepped in.
You're missing the point, this isn't just about the decline of England's world influence, but also about the internal decline in the quality of people that live here.
Mozzi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Phil2008)
Shhh! Amanda is from the US, I think she meant it in a good way!! LOL :p:
Amanda
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Mozzi)
Shhh! Amanda is from the US, I think she meant it in a good way!! LOL :p:
Hehe, mayyyyybeeeeeeee!
Seven_Three
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Democracy)
:wtf?: British history is the history of successive waves of immigrants Mr BNP.
GO AND CHECK YOUR ******* FACTS. I'VE BEEN OVER THIS SO MANY ******* TIMES IT IS UNREAL.

I swear down I would think you were a troll if I didnt think you were too unimaginative for that.

Your history is a history of successive waves of talking ****.
LouLou815
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
So, people cannot come over here to live and work, but it was ok for us to invade and take over other countries?! Riiiiight....
Amanda
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ms500)
You're missing the point, this isn't just about the decline of England's world influence, but also about the internal decline in the quality of people that live here.
Ehh, I'll leave that up to you guys! lol
srana
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by ms500)
Are you actually kidding me?

Are you actually kidding me?
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (73)
38.22%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.85%

Watched Threads