The Student Room Group

Another rant about Marmalade insurance- 6 months on...

So quite a while ago I posted a thread on here asking about people's experiences with the insurance provider Marmalade and also outlined how it wasn't working for me.

Well, lo and behold, 6 months down the line it still isn't working, hasn't recorded any of the hundreds of journeys made during that time and I still haven't had a jot of contact from them about this!

My biggest concern is of course renewing my policy- although they have *explicitly* stated on the numerous times I've contacted them that this will NOT affect my policy cover or driving- and that this will result in them increasing my premium next year owing to having, according to the app, 0 miles recorded as having driven with the black box. Obviously this isn't a good look at all, and I'm worried when come to change insurance providers at the end of the year (you'll never catch me with a black box again and frankly I'd rather walk after my experiences with this company) it's going to cause me bother with my premiums.

However, I'm surprised about the lack of contact. You'd think an 18 year old male driver who is now unmonitored because the black box isn't working would be top concern for them but evidently not so...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending