fluffypoopies
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Name:  chemmcq.png
Views: 12
Size:  11.2 KB
Can anyone help me with this please, I'm pretty sure it's between B and C, how do I know which one it is?
EnglishNOOb101
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
1. find the longest carbon chain
2. 1st priority goes to halogens when numbering carbons, and then it goes to methyl groups
Last edited by EnglishNOOb101; 5 months ago
alexbarnxtt
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by EnglishNOOb101)
2. 1st priority goes to halogens when numbering carbons, and then it goes to methyl groups
alkyl side chains and halogens don’t hold any priority over one another so it’s alphabetical
alexbarnxtt
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
oh wait nevermind i misread, i thought you were talking about ordering but you said numbering
alexbarnxtt
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
oh wait nvm, i misread i thought you were talking about ordering but you said numbering.
fluffypoopies
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
(Original post by alexbarnxtt)
oh wait nvm, i misread i thought you were talking about ordering but you said numbering.
so even if there are more methyl groups than halogens, we name the halogen first, hence it is C?
EnglishNOOb101
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
yepp
EnglishNOOb101
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by alexbarnxtt)
sorry if I worded it weirdly
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you give consent for uni's to contact your parent/trusted person in a mental health crisis?

Yes - my parent/carer (69)
33.01%
Yes - a trusted person (58)
27.75%
No (55)
26.32%
I'm not sure (27)
12.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise