What clubs and societies can i join to meet girls?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I wanna meet girls but im not in uni and im doing an apprenticeship where theres no girls in my class or work and i was told to join clubs and societies but i just dont know which ones to join
Kerzen
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Is there an affordable gym in your area?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Kerzen)
Yh i think so,ur suggesting going to the gym?
Kerzen
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yh i think so,ur suggesting going to the gym?
Yes, it would be a good start. Once you meet some of the women going to the gym, you will have a better idea of where they like to go and what their interests are.
Anonymous #1
Yes, it would be a good start. Once you meet some of the women going to the gym, you will have a better idea of where they like to go and what their interests are.
Hmmm but isnt gym not really a social place like everyone just goes theres to work out and not talk to anyone
Kerzen
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hmmm but isnt gym not really a social place like everyone just goes theres to work out and not talk to anyone
I'm not sure that this is true, some of the local gyms near me have places where people stop for a coffee.

How old are you?
Megxn0
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Honestly I don’t recommend going up to women in the gym. I reckon it’s actually one of the worst places to approach a girl
Last edited by Megxn0; 1 year ago
Ram Ranch
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
If there is one place people do not wish to be pestered...
Anonymous #1
I'm not sure that this is true, some of the local gyms near me have places where people stop for a coffee.

How old are you?
Im 18
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Megxn0)
Honestly I don’t recommend going up to women in the gym. I reckon it’s actually one of the worst places to approach a girl
Lol thats what i was thinking
Joinedup
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Anythings you're already interested in?

There'll probably be walking and climbing outdoor recreation groups with people in their 20s near you .. That's a fairly easy way to get talking to people without it being weird.

The ramblers association does have a rather elderly demographic.
TJ1997
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What Megxn0 said. The gym is amongst the worst places but volunteering, sports and similar interest hobby groups might be a better bet.

Also, don’t do what some random dudes did at my uni a few years back and walk onto campuses trying to chat up random girls or blag your way into nights out. It’s incredibly desperate and creepy
ArtisticScreech
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Megxn0)
Yeah definitely, in general that would just be weird imo

OP, have you heard of Meetup.com? That might be a good way to meet new people
Kerzen
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Lol thats what i was thinking
The thing about going to the gym, though, is that it will help you to feel more confident.

The thing which is affecting you most at the moment isn't actually the lack of opportunity to meet women, it's your lack of confidence.
TJ1997
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by ArtisticScreech)

Meet-up is alright, same with citysocializer but from my experience there are usually a lot more over 30s on that site and the men are more interested in finding women to pick up at the meets.
Kerzen
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I wanna meet girls but im not in uni and im doing an apprenticeship where theres no girls in my class or work and i was told to join clubs and societies but i just dont know which ones to join
What kind of apprenticeship are you doing?
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Horse riding
Wired_1800
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Places where girls can congregate with guys. Examples are sports clubs like hockey, debating society, bars and nightclubs.
Old Skool Freak
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Debatable.

In most gyms (I'm talking the Virgin / David Lloyd / Pure Gym type health clubs; not the hardcore basement type gyms), there's quite a highly charged sexual undertone there. Just because no one talks about it, doesn't mean it's not there. Besides, people are generally more sociable / chatty in the rest areas (sauna steamroom etc.)

I've actually met several women at my trips to the gym... however the thing you need to remember is a gym isn't a nightclub, so you can't just go up and approach someone; it's more of a long-term thing. If you go to a gym regularly at a certain time, chances are you'll see the same faces around there; and chances are they'll notice you. Gradually, you'll give simple acknowledgment to those people (e.g. a nod OSLT), and they'll probably nod back. That then progresses to a warmer smile, and then on to a "Hi" or "Hey" on it's own. Then on to a "Hey how's it going?" etc. etc.

The other people here are right in that a cold approach at a gym probably won't work... but a familiar face slowly opening up is often far better received. The beauty of that slow kind of approach is if at any point your interaction isn't reciprocated, you'll know they're not interested so know not to push it.

Failing that, I'd suggest joining a dance class... with the exception of break dancing (BBOYING), most dance classes will have round about 50/50 Male / Female ratio... if not way more girls than guys. Can choose whatever takes your fancy (e.g. ballroom; salsa; jazz; street / hip-hop etc.), and even if you don't meet anyone at the dance class itself, then at least you'll have the confidence to hit the local clubs dancefloors and charm the ladies there with your new dance moves

:dancing::danceboy::groovy:
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ArtisticScreech)

Nah i havent ill check it out thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (9)
45%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (5)
25%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
10%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (3)
15%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
5%

Watched Threads