The Student Room Group

Why does my white boyfriend like brown girls more than his own race?

All of his ex-girlfriends were brown girls. Oh and by the way, I'm brown too

He says he's not into white girls as much- this is surprising, as you prefer people who look like you or your parents.
Of course having dated one or two brown girls isn't all that contradictory to this psychological fact -plus, I'm the one dating him too- but when all of your exes are brown, it's confusing for me as it goes against psychology. Which is why I'm asking, I'm just curious

P.S. His whole family is white and his school had mostly white people

Scroll to see replies

Probably just personal preference
Original post by Anonymous
you prefer people who look like you or your parents ... psychological fact

i don't think you understand what you're talking about if you think that's how research works
Ask him. Duh. But I don't see what the problem is?
what kind of racist thinking is this. "against his psychology" lmao what do you know
Reply 5
Original post by HoldThisL
i don't think you understand what you're talking about if you think that's how research works

You may be right, but I thought an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed is accepted as true?
He must be a Brown Supremacist. And rightly so, we're just sexier people what can I say :dontknow:
You may be right, but I thought an observation that has been repeatedly confirmed is accepted as true?

no, it can be true as you like, but most psychological findings are not natural laws. people may tend to prefer people who look similar to their parents, it does not in any sense confirm that all people do
Reply 8
Original post by Bang Outta Order
Ask him. Duh. But I don't see what the problem is?

Lol of course I did, and there's no problem. I'm just curious
I mean, as long as it's not some weird racial fetish, it's alright? Some people just have preferences.
But, if you're really curious, just ask him.
Not everyone is predisposed to their own race, many are unbothered.

You don't really know if he specifically seeks out a certain race or just happens to attract people of that race.
Lol of course I did, and there's no problem. I'm just curious

If you asked him then why are you making a thread. Was his answer insufficient for you.
Original post by HoldThisL
no, it can be true as you like, but most psychological findings are not natural laws. people may tend to prefer people who look similar to their parents, it does not in any sense confirm that all people do

My bad then, apologies. I guess this answers the question then
Original post by Bang Outta Order
If you asked him then why are you making a thread. Was his answer insufficient for you.

In a way, yes. His answer was ''idk I just do'', which left me confused
what kind of racist thinking is this. "against his psychology" lmao what do you know

PRISOM.
100%
OP, you sound as if you have been reading some kind of far right manual.
Original post by glassalice
PRISOM.
100%
OP, you sound as if you have been reading some kind of far right manual.

In retrospect, it sounds stupid yes
Original post by xxsexx
Racial fetish.

That's an unfair conclusion.
In a way, yes. His answer was ''idk I just do'', which left me confused

My partner is black. It's best to not pervade your relationship with negative thoughts. You're basically asking why he likes YOU. Don't do that, you're showing insecurity. Best thing you can do about a swirling relationship (dating a white person) is to act like you're not. It makes it normal rather than highlighting that you're doing something "bizarre or forbidden." ****ing stop it.
I didn’t coin this slang term (it’s used in the pejorative sense) and it’s kind of old but I heard it’s a state of mind referred to as “jungle fever”.

I dont agree with the term or its use as a slur but I thought I’d introduce you to a little history.

You should watch the film as well. It’s a 6.6 on IMDB.

Have a nice day.
Different people have different attraction dealbreakers, beauty standards and relationship preferences.
Many looks orientated people have a preference for dating a special physical type in terms of body shape, complexion, eye colour, hair colour and facial expressions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending