The Student Room Group

Feel like a failure

I don’t know if this is the correct thread, but yeah I’m really sad :frown:(

I feel like a failure. I’m stressing so much about the future. I just want to make my parents proud and I don’t know if I will be able to :frown:( their friends’ children are doing so good and I’m happy for them obviously lol, but then my parents don’t say this to me, but deep down I know they get upset about me, especially my dad. I don’t even know who to speak about this and I’m just really sad. And I’m even scared to share what I will be studying & where online incase someone says something scary. Literally anything bad anyone says, it lives in my mind rent free and I overthink it so much. Just not having a good time right now :frown: I don’t want my parents to feel low when their friends ask what I study and where. They don’t make me feel bad, but I know deep down they feel bad themselves especially my dad

I’ve made a thread in the past and the comments were not helpful to my anxiety at all, i overthought so much so I’ve stopped trying seek advice. I can only seek it online & not really the people in real life. But the people online scare me now as well. I’m so sorry I’m just talking so much, I’m really stressed 😭😭

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous

I feel like a failure. I’m stressing so much about the future. I just want to make my parents proud and I don’t know if I will be able to :frown:( their friends’ children are doing so good and I’m happy for them obviously lol, but then my parents don’t say this to me, but deep down I know they get upset about me, especially my dad. I don’t even know who to speak about this and I’m just really sad. And I’m even scared to share what I will be studying & where online incase someone says something scary. Literally anything bad anyone says, it lives in my mind rent free and I overthink it so much. Just not having a good time right now :frown: I don’t want my parents to feel low when their friends ask what I study and where. They don’t make me feel bad, but I know deep down they feel bad themselves especially my dad

I’ve made a thread in the past and the comments were not helpful to my anxiety at all, i overthought so much so I’ve stopped trying seek advice. I can only seek it online & not really the people in real life. But the people online scare me now as well. I’m so sorry I’m just talking so much, I’m really stressed 😭😭

Hey seems like you are struggling, It is normal to be stressed and it is okay to feel down. I understand. Feel free to message and let me see if i can help you in this challenging time. x
Reply 2
Original post by Lexie venis
Hey seems like you are struggling, It is normal to be stressed and it is okay to feel down. I understand. Feel free to message and let me see if i can help you in this challenging time. x

I’ve messaged you, please check your pms x
AYO ME TOO!!
i just feel like i can't do it. i have mocks next week and i'm, stressing out sooo bad because i don't want to disappoint my parents :frown:
i just feel like everything is my fault and i'm scared that my future is going to be as boring as my present.

me and you together sis.

you can pm me if you want to talk xx
good luck bestay
Best thing you can do is live for yourself.
Doesn’t matter where you are studying, but what course are you doing? (If you’re in Uni). The university doesn’t really matter, think about what you want to do, get lots of work experience and make yourself, and in turn, your parents proud. There’s still time!! Don’t worry about it and don’t stress

try and remember you have your whole life ahead of you to a achieve wonderful things! :smile: I've had to repeat a year of school because of mental health reasons but at the end of the day none of that stuff matters, everyone is focused on their own life and getting to where they want to be, I'm sure your parents will recognise your hard work eventually
Please don't be so hard on yourself and don't overthink so much. I'm a parent here - and ultimately we want our children to be happy. Every person is unique - and when I think of my kids peers I see some might excel at Oxford Uni, or some might excel in circus school, some might do an apprenticeship or trade and some might travel. No one thing is 'better' than another - it's what is right for that person. So don't compare yourself to others - do what's right for you. In my own life I trained as a psych nurse at 18 and then went off travelling as soon as I qualified and at one point was a road sweeper in a beach resort in the middle East, then I partied at hippy festivals for a whole summer but then later went on to uni to get a first class degree as a mature student. I can only imagine what my parents must have thought when I was living my 'free spirit days'!!! But now I'm old I'm glad I did those things, made those memories and did what I wanted! Life is constantly evolving and changing and what you decide now isn't set in stone. If you're worried about exams you can retake, or if you're worried your uni or career choice isn't 'good enough' please don't and please whatever you do -do it for you - because you want to and you enjoy it. There has been such an increase in mental health issues with all the stress your generation is under - your parents will ultimately want you to be well and happy first before anything. They might seem cross but ultimately they love you and don't want you to feel like this. Maybe try talking to them or if it's too hard - write them a letter? Honestly they may not be aware of how you are feeling so if you can let them know you might find them more supportive and understanding, which will help you feel better too. It's your life and you have to do what makes you happy. The fact that you've got a place at University is an amazing acheivement so be proud of yourself. Life is not a competition or a race - and although we often want to please others - ultimately we have to follow our own paths. Wishing you well on your journey

Hey
message me if you feel the need to talk, you got my support x

Hey

AYO ME TOO!!
i just feel like i can't do it. i have mocks next week and i'm, stressing out sooo bad because i don't want to disappoint my parents :frown:
i just feel like everything is my fault and i'm scared that my future is going to be as boring as my present.

me and you together sis.

you can pm me if you want to talk xx
good luck bestay

me to sis :frown:
Hey

Hey, I did message you, did you get it? x
Hey, I did message you, did you get it? x

i did but i cant use pm rn for some reason. u can pm another contact if you prefer?
im feeling really lonely, have no friends, just so alone and hurt and sad
:frown:
please help x
(edited 2 years ago)
i did but i cant use pm rn for some reason. u can pm another contact if you prefer?

Of course, do you have Instagram?
Also, is it possible you could do what I said in the pm please 🥺
Of course, do you have Instagram?
Also, is it possible you could do what I said in the pm please 🥺

yes dont worry it is all gone dont worry dont panic x
yes i do pm ur @ and we can talk if that is okay?
:frown::s-smilie::frown:
yes dont worry it is all gone dont worry dont panic x
yes i do pm ur @ and we can talk if that is okay?

Thank you & I’ve PM’ed you x
Reply 18
I feel like a failure. I’m stressing so much about the future. I just want to make my parents proud and I don’t know if I will be able to :frown:( their friends’ children are doing so good and I’m happy for them obviously lol, but then my parents don’t say this to me, but deep down I know they get upset about me, especially my dad. I don’t even know who to speak about this and I’m just really sad. And I’m even scared to share what I will be studying & where online incase someone says something scary.

Why would someone ever say 'something scary' about what you will be studying and where?

What are you planning to study and at which University?

Remind me again how old you are?
Original post by Kerzen
Why would someone ever say 'something scary' about what you will be studying and where?

What are you planning to study and at which University?

Remind me again how old you are?

I know it sounded silly lol, but scary as in something negative and I describe it as scary because i end overthinking sooo much to a bad extent. I’m 18 on a gap year beginning Law at Liverpool John Moore’s Uni in September

Latest

Trending

Trending