The Student Room Group

Scottish MSc qualification

Hey guys, Im completing an MSc(Master of Science) degree at a Scottish university, which is an actual postgrad degree. However, i'm worried that employers may think I only have an undergrad degree, because undergraduates graduate with an MA(Master fo Arts) in Scotland. Has anyone had any issues regarding this?
Hey, I have not had an issue with this as I've only just completed my undergrad BSc, but I think it will be obvious to employers that you have done a postgrad Masters degree (as in Master of Science) rather than Master of Arts (MA). Employers will recognise the difference. On your CV, in your education section, it might be a good idea to write under your university section that you have your undergrad degree (BSc or similar?) and then a separate line for your masters. As a masters is usually only one year (you can write 2021-2022) it will be clear that you did a postgrad masters, not an undergrad master of arts if you get me! That was a long explanation but I hope it helped :smile:
Original post by SlytherinSim
Hey, I have not had an issue with this as I've only just completed my undergrad BSc, but I think it will be obvious to employers that you have done a postgrad Masters degree (as in Master of Science) rather than Master of Arts (MA). Employers will recognise the difference. On your CV, in your education section, it might be a good idea to write under your university section that you have your undergrad degree (BSc or similar?) and then a separate line for your masters. As a masters is usually only one year (you can write 2021-2022) it will be clear that you did a postgrad masters, not an undergrad master of arts if you get me! That was a long explanation but I hope it helped :smile:

Yes it did, thank you for your advice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending