The Student Room Group

Should I unfollow him?

I know this guy who is in his early thirties (30 exact). At first he was nice. But I have started to notice he isn't that nice honestly.
He took my number and messaged me after several days, asking really generic stuff. He added me on Facebook and Instagram. It was OK until I started to notice changes in his behaviour.

I posted multiple pictures of my friends and I hanging out on Fb/IG (he saw all my posts) and when I met him the next day, he wasn't talking to me. He acted like he barely knew me. When I said hi, then he got normal. I also met friends around him and he looked a bit annoyed seeing this.

After that, he stopped viewing my posts but started posting his own photos with friends and going to the beach etc. I asked him about the beach one as he was so badly sunburnt that his entire face was red. Later that night, he messaged me at 11.45 pm (the same generic hello how are you which he always does even when we had met earlier twice that day) but I was already asleep.
I responded to him in the morning when I woke up as that's when I saw his message from last night but he didn't reply back.

Today, again he was not talking to me and I caught him looking at me hence I waved at him, then he waved back and became normal.
Though, I feel he's actually annoyed at me and is trying to be civil when I act friendly.

I dont get it. What is this kind of behaviour and what does he want? I already told him that if he wanted to meet up after work, he can just tell me. But he never did.

Scroll to see replies

Doesn’t sound like he’s that interested in you tbh.
What do you want to be happening?
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84
Doesn’t sound like he’s that interested in you tbh.
What do you want to be happening?

If he's not interested then why messaging me? He messages me then if I take time to respond, he won't reply back.
Original post by Anonymous
If he's not interested then why messaging me? He messages me then if I take time to respond, he won't reply back.

Cos he’s not that interested.

What do You want to be happening?????
Sounds like he wants you to focus on him and him only which is kinda wrong, and petty. Don't bother.
How old are you?

Maybe he just feels awkward about age difference when your friends are around or in public since he may be judged. That would make sense
Either way he doesn't sound that worth it so feel free to unfollow
Reply 7
Jealousy ? For what??? I only posted with female friends and he responded back by sharing pics with male friends. And he has to ask me as I already have him an open invite that just let me know of he wants to meet up. He doesn't and messages me saying hello and how are you. Then if I respond late, like I did 2 days ago, he never replied back.
Reply 8
How old are you?

Maybe he just feels awkward about age difference when your friends are around or in public since he may be judged. That would make sense

I'm 29. So it's not an age difference tbh
Reply 9
Original post by urlocalinmate
Sounds like he wants you to focus on him and him only which is kinda wrong, and petty. Don't bother.

He's really annoying and getting on my nerves. Plus he follows and talks to a lot of girls. His follow list has more girls and judging by how he got me to be friends, it's obvious he does these things with other women too.

He's now not watching my story or replying back to the messages. He's so inconsiderate I feel asleep hence didn't reply. In the morning I did. And look at him
Either way he doesn't sound that worth it so feel free to unfollow

It seems each time he viewed my stories of friends or saw me eiyh them, he actually didn't like it but pretends to keep his cool. He stops contacting me, watching my posts, does nothing for me.
So he messages you, you take a while to respond and then you get angry when he does the same back to you??
Stop playing games with him if you actually want anything to happen. If you don’t want anything to happen then what does any of it matter, unfollow him and move on with your life.
Original post by GabiAbi84
So he messages you, you take a while to respond and then you get angry when he does the same back to you??
Stop playing games with him if you actually want anything to happen. If you don’t want anything to happen then what does any of it matter, unfollow him and move on with your life.

Do you read? I wrote I fell asleep. But of course you don't read
Do you read? I wrote I fell asleep. But of course you don't read

Maybe he’s trying to make u feel jealous?
Original post by Ghostface6001
Maybe he’s trying to make u feel jealous?

Jealous for what? I go to sleep by 10.30 and he messaged me by 11.45pm. I wake up at 6 am so that's when I saw his message. He's so entitled of he thinks I will stay up and text him?
He's really annoying and getting on my nerves. Plus he follows and talks to a lot of girls. His follow list has more girls and judging by how he got me to be friends, it's obvious he does these things with other women too.

He's now not watching my story or replying back to the messages. He's so inconsiderate I feel asleep hence didn't reply. In the morning I did. And look at him

Yeah, he's clearly wasting your time, do what you can to cut contact.
Original post by urlocalinmate
Yeah, he's clearly wasting your time, do what you can to cut contact.

Yes btw what do you think he wants?
Yes btw what do you think he wants?

I think he just wants to have sex with as many girls as possible, or get into a FWB kind of thing.
He's jealous???
It seems each time he viewed my stories of friends or saw me eiyh them, he actually didn't like it but pretends to keep his cool. He stops contacting me, watching my posts, does nothing for me.

Sounds like he's just lonely in his life but not serious about anything , waste of your time

Quick Reply