The Student Room Group

Is this how casual relationships work?

We were never friends before we started sleeping together. It was always a flirtatious situation we had going on. So I'd say we're not FWB, it was always intended to be sexual?

When I split from my LTR he pursued me hard... He made jokes about being my boyfriend, he was hugging me 24/7, saying how cute I was, "joking" about us hanging out.

Eventually we did hang out, for like 12 hours at his house. No moves made at all. Then in front of all his friends (I was tipsy he was sober) he basically was holding my hand, and was in kinda a state of shock when I asked if we'd ever hook up, in fact he said "do you really think you'd give me a chance?". He told our mutual friends that he wasn't sure if I actually liked him when they asked if we were dating.

After all this he eventually made a move when I was next at his and we had sex. After sex he cuddled me for hours and then took me out to the cinema, and he paid. After that, he asked me to go back to his to sleep there. We didn't have sex that time, and we just spent all night cuddling and he was kissing the too of my head. In the morning he made me breakfast and dropped me home. This has become a semi-regular thing. Sometimes I arrive at his at like 3pm and leave at 3pm the next day. He always pays for my food or the activity we are doing.

He's never on his phone around me. His friends know about me (the ones he lives with) and his brother too because he told his bro to ring back later because he was with me and his brother said oh sorry to interrupt you two!

He also has started to say stuff like "what you doing August 12th?" And other stuff in the future because he wants to plan nights away.

So in my mind he likes me right? But I also get the impression he doesn't??? He works really hard and usually overnights too, so I guess its hard to make time. We see each other maybe once a week? One time he did ask to rearrange because his brother was coming over (he lives abroad) for a night.

We do keep in contact daily through texting. The texts are flirty but he also sends check in texts like how are you, your day etc etc. He likes all my social media pics. He also doesn't stop flirting with me when all our friends are like "oh get a room you guys!"

Because of our situation we see each other fairly often in a professional setting. We don't work together but our companies regularly interact. So I guess on average I could see him for up to 3 times a week. But that won't be for long as the contract is ending.

So all in all is this how casual relationships work? I'm so rubbish with stuff like this, I don't know what the norm is
Yes.
But it does seem like he may want to move towards a more serious exclusive relationship with you.
Reply 2
A relationship works however you decide it will work between you. Talk to him.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending