Elena GG
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, i am hesitated in some applicants. I got offers from UCA Farnham(ba film production), Westminster(ba contemporary media practice), Bournemouth university(ba film) and Edin.(ba film and television). Do you have any advice about these schools? And I hope there have more careers in film producing after I graduated, professors are good, kind and teach more practical skills.
doh7aa_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Think of what you want overall from your whole uni experience. If it’s academic and job prospects related then you probably should consider using the league tables for your subject and pick the best uni.

If you care about other aspects more like the city you’re going to live in and what other social things you could do while you’re at uni like nightlife etc then probably do research about the individual cities and student life outside the course.

I don’t know much about any of the unis you mentioned so that’s the best advice I could give you.
Last edited by doh7aa_; 1 month ago
Elena GG
Rep:
?
(Original post by doh7aa_)
Think of what you want overall from your whole uni experience. If it’s academic and job prospects related then you probably should consider using the league tables for your subject and pick the best uni.

If you care about other aspects more like the city you’re going to live in and what other social things you could do while you’re at uni like nightlife etc then probably do research about the individual cities and student life outside the course.

I don’t know much about any of the unis you mentioned so that’s the best advice I could give you.
what is your guys use more league tables?QS or Times?
Uni of Hull Students
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Elena GG)
Hi Elena GG

According to Wikpedia "Three national rankings of universities in the United Kingdom are published annually – by The Complete University Guide, The Guardian and jointly by The Times and The Sunday Times". I would also look at the course rankings as well. Always look at the criteria used, as different rankings use different criteria.

As Doh7aa said it is worth considering other factors too, you will be spending at least three years of your life in one of these places so it is important to not end up in a place you hate (even if you like the course).

Good luck

Chris
University of Hull Student Rep
BUstudent2021
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, i am hesitated in some applicants. I got offers from UCA Farnham(ba film production), Westminster(ba contemporary media practice), Bournemouth university(ba film) and Edin.(ba film and television). Do you have any advice about these schools? And I hope there have more careers in film producing after I graduated, professors are good, kind and teach more practical skills.
Hi Elena GG,

I am currently a final year student at Bournemouth University and can tell you a bit about the local area and the facilities here.

Bournemouth is a lively seaside town with many restaurants, bars and clubs as well as shopping and a new cinema complex. We have a student bar on campus called Dylan's which is great for food, and drink and they host live music and quiz nights and then there is the student night club near the accommodation called The Old Fire Station, which hosts lots of theme nights you can get involved in. The accommodation is minutes walk to the most things such as the train station, supermarket and the beach.

The campus has a modern feel and if you are looking to study film you will get to use the brand new building that opened last year called The Poole Gateway Building which has some amazing facilities such as industry standard digital film cameras, editing programmes and audio equipment. There are some great career prospects as 85% of BU students who study Film are working 15 months after they graduate. There is also an option to do a placement which can provide you with industry experience and contacts for when you graduate.

I really hope this helps but if you have any other questions you would like to ask about BU then please do not hesitate to contact me
Elena GG
Rep:
?
(Original post by BUstudent2021)
嗨 Elena GG,

我目前是伯恩茅斯大学的最后一年级学生,可以告诉您一些有关当地和这里设施的信息。

伯恩茅斯是一个热闹的海滨小镇,拥有许多餐厅、酒吧和俱乐部以及购物场所和一个新的电影院。我们在校园里有一个名为 Dylan's 的学生酒吧,非常适合吃喝玩乐,他们举办现场音乐和测验之夜,然后在住宿附近有一个名为 The Old Fire Station 的学生夜总会,它举办许多主题之夜,你可以涉足。住宿步行几分钟即可到达火车站、超市和海滩等大多数地方。

校园具有现代感,如果您想学习电影,您将可以使用去年开放的全新大楼 The Poole Gateway Building,里面有一些令人惊叹的设施,如行业标准的数码电影摄影机、编辑程序和音频设备. 有一些很好的职业前景,因为 85% 学习电影的 BU 学生在毕业后 15 个月都在工作。您还可以选择实习,为您提供毕业时的行业经验和联系方式。

我真的希望这会有所帮助,但如果您有任何其他关于 BU 的问题,请随时与我联系
Hi, I want to know if the avid course have the limitation on the number of people, or everyone in there were learn it.
Elena GG
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uni of Hull Students)
Hi Elena GG

According to Wikpedia "Three national rankings of universities in the United Kingdom are published annually – by The Complete University Guide, The Guardian and jointly by The Times and The Sunday Times". I would also look at the course rankings as well. Always look at the criteria used, as different rankings use different criteria.

As Doh7aa said it is worth considering other factors too, you will be spending at least three years of your life in one of these places so it is important to not end up in a place you hate (even if you like the course).

Good luck

Chris
University of Hull Student Rep
thank you so much
Elena GG
Rep:
?
(Original post by BUstudent2021)
Hi Elena GG,

I am currently a final year student at Bournemouth University and can tell you a bit about the local area and the facilities here.

Bournemouth is a lively seaside town with many restaurants, bars and clubs as well as shopping and a new cinema complex. We have a student bar on campus called Dylan's which is great for food, and drink and they host live music and quiz nights and then there is the student night club near the accommodation called The Old Fire Station, which hosts lots of theme nights you can get involved in. The accommodation is minutes walk to the most things such as the train station, supermarket and the beach.

The campus has a modern feel and if you are looking to study film you will get to use the brand new building that opened last year called The Poole Gateway Building which has some amazing facilities such as industry standard digital film cameras, editing programmes and audio equipment. There are some great career prospects as 85% of BU students who study Film are working 15 months after they graduate. There is also an option to do a placement which can provide you with industry experience and contacts for when you graduate.

I really hope this helps but if you have any other questions you would like to ask about BU then please do not hesitate to contact me
Hi, can I contact you through ins or wechat? Please tell me you id.
doh7aa_
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I rely on QS the most
BUstudent2021
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, can I contact you through ins or wechat? Please tell me you id.
Hi please feel free to message me via here or if you go to the Bournemouth University webpage and look for unibuddy, you can chat directly to students
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads