The Student Room Group

Newnham Essay 2021

Looks like the results should be out in a few days so I thought I'd start this thread for people who entered.
I did the Psychological and Behavioural Sciences question 1, and it was really interesting. Looking forward to hearing the results soon, fingers crossed!

Scroll to see replies

I entered the Biological Sciences competition but I thought that the results would come out in August sometime - how did you know they are coming out in a few days?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Naanaa.
I entered the Biological Sciences competition but I thought that the results would come out in August sometime - how did you know they are coming out in a few days?

Their website says that the results come out in early June (I've entered the engineering competition btw)
Original post by a_g.
Their website says that the results come out in early June (I've entered the engineering competition btw)

Oh wow that's so exciting - good luck to both of you :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Naanaa.
Oh wow that's so exciting - good luck to both of you :biggrin:

Thanks - you too!
Reply 5
Original post by yona_cb
Looks like the results should be out in a few days so I thought I'd start this thread for people who entered.
I did the Psychological and Behavioural Sciences question 1, and it was really interesting. Looking forward to hearing the results soon, fingers crossed!

Good luck! I entered the Classics one but still haven't heard anything yet
Reply 6
Did anyone else enter in Medicine? Which question did you choose? I chose the antibiotics one :smile:
ok can anyone else just not stop thinking about when the results are going to come out? i'm going crazy over here
Reply 8
Original post by Naanaa.
ok can anyone else just not stop thinking about when the results are going to come out? i'm going crazy over here

same!!! hopefully soon. good luck btw!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by yona_cb
same!!! hopefully soon. good luck btw!

thanks! I'm probably over analysing at this stage but I reckon early June encompasses 1-10th June and they aren't behind with deciding it because one of their PhD students said in May that she had just marked all of them - I reckon we will find out in the next three days at around 7pm based on what has happened in previous years... :cool:
Original post by scwv1168
Did anyone else enter in Medicine? Which question did you choose? I chose the antibiotics one :smile:

yeah, I did the question about inequities in healthcare. Was a very interesting topic to research :smile:
I entered the Woolf prize and did it allll last minute - suppose its good practice for uni! Not expecting anything but still constantly checking my emails
(edited 2 years ago)
I entered the MML one! - do you think we'll hear today?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by Tuttifruity123
I entered the MML one! - do you think we'll hear today?

Ooo nice! I hope so, though I think its very likely by the end of tomorrow
Let me know if any of you hear anything!!
Original post by leopardzz
Hi did anyone get a confirmation email for medicine when they submitted their essay. After submitting it came up on my screen saying something like ‘this is confirmation your entry has been submitted’ but I’m just panicking in case we were supposed to get an email as well. Good luck everyone!

SAME!!! I was just double checking my emails because I couldn’t find the confirmation email but you’re right - it came up on my screen but we didn’t actually get sent anything
Original post by baNaanaaBread
SAME!!! I was just double checking my emails because I couldn’t find the confirmation email but you’re right - it came up on my screen but we didn’t actually get sent anything

Great thank you, I’ve just been panicking in case I didn’t submit it properly after all that work!
Reply 17
I entered the biological sciences one and have been checking my email inbox all the time these days. I started panicking from 1 June lol but still haven’t received anything yet.
I even thought if my entry was unqualified or I filled in a wrong email address accidently. Probably not.
Reply 18
Hi, I entered the Woolf prize, no emails for me either confirming my entry so don’t worry!
it MUST be today... surely? ...maybe? I'm slightly losing hope that we will find out this week

Quick Reply

Latest