li2
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
i have AS exams in 3 weeks and i dont know how to teach myself all these topics (topics we havent been taught are gonna come up ) ive tried teaching myself logs and hypothesis testing ( and theres more that i gave up on ) but when i do questions im failing and its so unfair that they expect us to do this. and our teacher really went and said 60% is a c help.
flaurie
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
DrFrostMaths have powerpoints that go through (I think) the whole course, and TLMaths has YouTube going through it all, they might help if you don’t understand the content - once you do, try exam questions

Hypothesis testing is very much just a process to learn (and you can do the actual calculations on your calculator), your textbook will most likely have worked examples of hypothesis testing questions
Last edited by laurawatt; 3 months ago
li2
Rep:
?
thanks for the suggestion i appreciate you
username1732133
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by li2)
thanks for the suggestion i appreciate you
You've still got three weeks. Keep trying.
Post in the maths forum if you're stuck and need a little help.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=38
li2
Rep:
?
i sure will do thankss. and yeah i know im just gonna keep doing practice papers and try my best because theres nothing more i can do.
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by li2)
i have AS exams in 3 weeks and i dont know how to teach myself all these topics (topics we havent been taught are gonna come up ) ive tried teaching myself logs and hypothesis testing ( and theres more that i gave up on ) but when i do questions im failing and its so unfair that they expect us to do this. and our teacher really went and said 60% is a c help.
If u understand the content in the topic but struggle to apply the skills I would go to the dr frost website and go through the powerpoints (his powerpoints accompany the edexcel spec and textbook but the content is more or less the same across all the boards).

His powerpoints go through each topic and also do worked examples of past questions explaining each step with hints and tips. If that is still not working I would head to exam solutions, select the topics u are struggling with and watch the exam question walktheoughs as he goes through all the past papers.
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by li2)
i sure will do thankss. and yeah i know im just gonna keep doing practice papers and try my best because theres nothing more i can do.
Yeah I would reccomend just doing practice papers. The thing I found with hypothesis testing back in year 12 is that teachers often find it hard to explain, I remember when we first started hypothesis testing in year 12, I was so lost cuz the teacher was crap at explaining it all lol even tho she used the dr frost powerpoints it still did not click. For me what I did was just learn the processes and methods myself instead if listening to the teachers waffle. By doing so it really helped me in year 13 when we revisited hypothesis testing cuz it's pretty much following the steps.

Hypothesis testing comes up every year in past papers so there is plenty of questions to practice from and once u have familiarise yourself with the steps then ur good to go imo. If ur doing the edexcel spec, I would reccomend doing the exercise questions in the textbook before doing past questions so u can gauge if you actually have a grasp of the fu dsmentals of hypothesis testing. If it still ain't clicked, I would just make notes of the methods rather than listen to some YouTube person explain it lol (I remember I tried to watch the TL Maths vids for hypothesis testing and I was so lost lol).

Best of luck with maths
li2
Rep:
?
(Original post by CurryCurry2468)
Yeah I would reccomend just doing practice papers. The thing I found with hypothesis testing back in year 12 is that teachers often find it hard to explain, I remember when we first started hypothesis testing in year 12, I was so lost cuz the teacher was crap at explaining it all lol even tho she used the dr frost powerpoints it still did not click. For me what I did was just learn the processes and methods myself instead if listening to the teachers waffle. By doing so it really helped me in year 13 when we revisited hypothesis testing cuz it's pretty much following the steps.

Hypothesis testing comes up every year in past papers so there is plenty of questions to practice from and once u have familiarise yourself with the steps then ur good to go imo. If ur doing the edexcel spec, I would reccomend doing the exercise questions in the textbook before doing past questions so u can gauge if you actually have a grasp of the fu dsmentals of hypothesis testing. If it still ain't clicked, I would just make notes of the methods rather than listen to some YouTube person explain it lol (I remember I tried to watch the TL Maths vids for hypothesis testing and I was so lost lol).

Best of luck with maths
thank you for the advice !!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (8)
12.5%
I need help researching courses (5)
7.81%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
4.69%
I need help with my personal statement (27)
42.19%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (16)
25%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
3.13%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (3)
4.69%

Watched Threads