Portsmouth Uni: Rosalind Franklin/James Watson accommodation

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey I just wanted to know whether Rosalind Franklin accommodation at Portsmouth uni is good? The reason why i’m asking is because I’ve received an offer for the accommodation and looking at the reviews, it seems a bit bad?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
I live here now. Its not awful but it's not great but apparently they're doing some renovations when we leave so hopefully it improves. Single beds and very old-fashioned. The social life is good though, if that's important to you. Personally I think for the price just go somewhere else.
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey I just wanted to know whether Rosalind Franklin accommodation at Portsmouth uni is good? The reason why i’m asking is because I’ve received an offer for the accommodation and looking at the reviews, it seems a bit bad?
Hi!

I lived in Rosalind Franklin in my first year. I found it to be really good.
Social life was good as there are 2 large courtyards and a social room with a pool table and sofas, as well as a study room. Also, some of the flats you could look out and see how long the ques were to one of the main clubs in Portsmouth, so you knew when the best time was to head down and go out.

The room is spacious and lots of storage. The ensuite was a basic washroom, but fitted for purpose and worked well (personally it was just nice to have your own washroom).

it's right next to some uni buildings, so you don't have to walk far. The furthest uni building was a 10-15 minute walk away. The station and other main club is a 5-minute walk away and shops and supermarkets are a 10-minute walk away.

Maintenance was always good. If you log it on the app for the halls they would more or less come and fix the issue the next day. The app was really useful as it notified you when washing machines and tumble dryers were free to use and when your washing was ready, as well as notifying you when you had a parcel to collect.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
16.24%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (62)
31.47%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (23)
11.68%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8.12%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (11)
5.58%
I think it's an unfair expectation (50)
25.38%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.52%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed