The Student Room Group

University course entry requirements 2022??

So I'm probably overthinking/worrying about this too much...
But I've been looking at the entry requirements for the course I'm interested in (international development and economics), and one of the requirements is a grade 7 in GCSE maths (I got a 6, after the exams were cancelled).
Will the university consider this, as well as my current predicted grades hitting the requirements? thankyou!
It really depends on the uni and how they view this kind of thing. As a whole A Levels matter much more than GCSEs, but most of the top unis will be interested in the GCSEs too. The best way to find out would be to email the uni and explain your circumstances, they should offer a good answer then.
Original post by babymochi
So I'm probably overthinking/worrying about this too much...
But I've been looking at the entry requirements for the course I'm interested in (international development and economics), and one of the requirements is a grade 7 in GCSE maths (I got a 6, after the exams were cancelled).
Will the university consider this, as well as my current predicted grades hitting the requirements? thankyou!

Some courses will consider your overall GCSE profile when deciding whether to give you an offer. They may take into account that this was a centre assessed grade.

If you are successful, they’ll likely include a requirement to achieve at least a 6 in GCSE Maths retake.
Reply 3
Original post by Admit-One
Some courses will consider your overall GCSE profile when deciding whether to give you an offer. They may take into account that this was a centre assessed grade.

If you are successful, they’ll likely include a requirement to achieve at least a 6 in GCSE Maths retake.

Thank you!
Original post by babymochi
Thank you!

No worries. For ID&E I doubt it will be much of an issue. Just make sure that your application lists both your original maths grade and the retake, (either as pending or achieved).

Quick Reply

Latest