The Student Room Group

DWP Work Coach London June 2021

Scroll to see replies

I got provisional offer for job on Thursday evening and same day I completed my pre employment check forms. Let’s see how long it may take.

Anyone who’s PECs are completed and got final offer?
Waiting for my checks as well..Let us know how it goes for you. Where are you applying?
Original post by username2856778
Hi everyone

I know theres a few threads on the Work Coach Role but I thought it would be good to have a thread on the latest round (London June 2021) just so we can keep track on where everyone is in their application process and if anyone has any questions or queires. I am aware everyone in the other threads is at different stages/application cyle/ location so I thought this was much needed for the June london Cycle.

For those unaware the Nort, East and West London are currently recruiting 200 Work Coaches for each Location and the deadline is Thursday 10th of June.

I am currently working as a Work Coach Team Leader so if you have any questions or help with the application process please feel free to PM.

I actaully started off as a WC and was promoted within a Month so theres plenty opportunity for you to move up quick,

Again if you have any questions feel free to PM me:smile:

"I actaully started off as a WC and was promoted within a Month"

Probably the reason why so many people have so many problems with the DWP - staff with absolutely no experience whatsoever.
I'm currently at the stage now where they've told me I've passed the video interview and I've just uploaded my ID documents. After reading this thread I'm not getting ahead of myself that it'll be positive news but it's nice to get to the next stage I guess 🤞🏾
Original post by Glendstar
I'm currently at the stage now where they've told me I've passed the video interview and I've just uploaded my ID documents. After reading this thread I'm not getting ahead of myself that it'll be positive news but it's nice to get to the next stage I guess 🤞🏾

It is a good sign! Relax and wait for them to come back to you. I went to the reserve list but they are still running my checks, so I still have my hopes up. Best o luck to you!
Original post by Cbrandao
It is a good sign! Relax and wait for them to come back to you. I went to the reserve list but they are still running my checks, so I still have my hopes up. Best o luck to you!

I'm on the reserve list but I haven't officially been told my pre-employment checks have been approved and in my application centre it says "We are currently updating your application. We will provide further updates in due course." - do you think this means they haven't run all my checks yet? I assumed if I was on the reserve list they'd have done that already

Ahhh thank you so much I guess we'll see 🤞🏾 this wait can't be anything like the wait for them to assess the interview at least, so that's a positive cause that felt like forever haha.
Reply 47
Hi,
Do you know how far is East London on their recruitment? I have been told that they are behind... And can you find out for me if an existing DWP employee is allowed a transfer especially if they are successful in one of these roles when applied as a new candidate? Thanks in advance

Hi everyone

I know theres a few threads on the Work Coach Role but I thought it would be good to have a thread on the latest round (London June 2021) just so we can keep track on where everyone is in their application process and if anyone has any questions or queires. I am aware everyone in the other threads is at different stages/application cyle/ location so I thought this was much needed for the June london Cycle.

For those unaware the Nort, East and West London are currently recruiting 200 Work Coaches for each Location and the deadline is Thursday 10th of June.

I am currently working as a Work Coach Team Leader so if you have any questions or help with the application process please feel free to PM.

I actaully started off as a WC and was promoted within a Month so theres plenty opportunity for you to move up quick,

In East London the first of the June campaign starters began this week, the rest will trickle through in July.
Reply 49
Original post by ToddHoffman
In East London the first of the June campaign starters began this week, the rest will trickle through in July.

Thank you for the response. I am surprised with this will be an understatement on this occasion. Do you know how to contact the district recruitment lead please?
Hi everyone

Hello!

I received a provisional offer and completed my checks for South London but then was placed on the Reserve list :frown: it has been a week and still nothing. Been feeling quite sad about it. SSCL keep telling me South London has no more vacancies.

Do they really hire off the reserve list or are we just .. an afterthought?
I've been given a provisional offer for North London... I want it to become a formal offer SO bad... but I'm trying to presume I'll end up on the reserve list than get my hopes up! It's just hard to think about anything else but the whole process has taken nearly a month so clearly I'm good at waiting lol.
I've been given a provisional offer for North London... I want it to become a formal offer SO bad... but I'm trying to presume I'll end up on the reserve list than get my hopes up! It's just hard to think about anything else but the whole process has taken nearly a month so clearly I'm good at waiting lol.

You never know, you could get a formal offer and not get placed on reserve. I understand you completely. The thought of applying for other jobs literally gives me angina. But just wait to see what they say.
Original post by Nicsosavvy
You never know, you could get a formal offer and not get placed on reserve. I understand you completely. The thought of applying for other jobs literally gives me angina. But just wait to see what they say.

LOL angina... no I get you. I'm fully applying for other roles to be honest I'm just getting nowhere since as I'm quite overqualified for school roles as I have a PGCE but don't want to teach but underqualified for admin roles as I have no admin experience. Just customer service and school role experience. Will apply to agency and keeps my fingers crossed but yeah I really am a pro at waiting now... :')
LOL angina... no I get you. I'm fully applying for other roles to be honest I'm just getting nowhere since as I'm quite overqualified for school roles as I have a PGCE but don't want to teach but underqualified for admin roles as I have no admin experience. Just customer service and school role experience. Will apply to agency and keeps my fingers crossed but yeah I really am a pro at waiting now... :')

I dont think you are under-qualified for admin roles. I just think that at this stage its best to aim for what it is you REALLY want to do.
I understand. I have a Masters in Public Health and want to get into Policy and not that Public Health jobs have moved into The Civil Service, getting this WC role would be a great foot in the door. Im not so good at waiting, feels like pulling teeth but i have to try.
Hi, I passed my interview and uploaded my ID documents. I got a provisional offer then 3 days later I got a conditional offer on the phone from one of the locations I selected. I was told I will get a formal offer when my PECS will be completed. My PECS on the other vacancy have been successfully completed but haven't heard anything back yet. That was for Wandsworth. But my PECS are still in process from the Surrey area from where I got a conditional offer. Never received any reserve email. Spoke to the hub and they told me that I need to wait as my name is on the recruitment list and the vacancy manager will give me a call with a formal offer. Does anyone know how long that might take?
Hello!

I received a provisional offer and completed my checks for South London but then was placed on the Reserve list :frown: it has been a week and still nothing. Been feeling quite sad about it. SSCL keep telling me South London has no more vacancies.

Do they really hire off the reserve list or are we just .. an afterthought?

Me too! Where did you apply to?
Me too! Where did you apply to?

Southwark
Lambeth
Greenwich
Lewisham
Bromley

In that order -sigh-
Southwark
Lambeth
Greenwich
Lewisham
Bromley

In that order -sigh-

Mine was Lewisham, Bromley, Greenwich, Southwark and Lambeth...Wanted the Forest Hill one, but on reserve list and now it says my application is being updated...don't know what could be going on, actually..
Mine was Lewisham, Bromley, Greenwich, Southwark and Lambeth...Wanted the Forest Hill one, but on reserve list and now it says my application is being updated...don't know what could be going on, actually..

I’ve been on the reserve list for 2 weeks and the whole time it has said “we are currently updating your application”, so I think it’s just the generic message when you’re in reserve

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending