The Student Room Group

Anyone else hates the myths your told when it comes to women?

I’ve been hearing for years you’ll meet someone when you least expect work on yourself become better etc and you’ll meet a woman you won’t lmao.... I’ve been on and off dating apps for years I don’t even get matches anymore the rare times I do they unmatch or they are trolls you meet no one through friends or the hobbies I do it sucks when you work on yourself to only realise you really will be lonely forever and there’s nothing you can do about it mindset means nothing you’ll be positive just to get let down again it’s a boring cycle been on and off for years it’s frustrating

Scroll to see replies

dont obsess over getting into a relationship, cos then you would rush into it and end up in a relationship that u probably wont be entirely happy in
it can be frustrating but it would be much worse if you find yourself in an unhappy relationship
also dating apps.... i feel like people on there are not aiming for a long term relationship (my personal opinion.. some people might)
idk how old u are but im sure youre not in your 70s so there's still PLENTY of time for you to fine the right person (or for the right person to find you..)
Original post by wiiparty
dont obsess over getting into a relationship, cos then you would rush into it and end up in a relationship that u probably wont be entirely happy in
it can be frustrating but it would be much worse if you find yourself in an unhappy relationship
also dating apps.... i feel like people on there are not aiming for a long term relationship (my personal opinion.. some people might)
idk how old u are but im sure youre not in your 70s so there's still PLENTY of time for you to fine the right person (or for the right person to find you..)

I’m 24 never had a gf of nothing I don’t even get matches people say I’m not ugly if that’s the case I should of at least had a girl by now... makes you wonder women really do look down on me
Original post by Dobbythehouself
I’m 24 never had a gf of nothing I don’t even get matches people say I’m not ugly if that’s the case I should of at least had a girl by now... makes you wonder women really do look down on me

maybe it's your personality? have you ever been in a "talking stage" with a girl?
I know you’re a usual poster on this site who posts about dating apps and it sucking continuously, so I’m not going to waste my time too much.

It’s more about the idea of not forcing a relationship, and focusing on yourself which will be attractive to females as it’s more likely they will be attracted to someone that’s focused on their goals & is healthy.

If dating apps are not working for you, it’s time to leave the house mate.
Original post by wiiparty
maybe it's your personality? have you ever been in a "talking stage" with a girl?

Nope! Only one time I don’t even get matches on dating apps anymore
Original post by CaptainDuckie
I know you’re a usual poster on this site who posts about dating apps and it sucking continuously, so I’m not going to waste my time too much.

It’s more about the idea of not forcing a relationship, and focusing on yourself which will be attractive to females as it’s more likely they will be attracted to someone that’s focused on their goals & is healthy.

If dating apps are not working for you, it’s time to leave the house mate.

Not as simple as that even when you focus on yourself you’ll still get lonely lmao and seeing couples will rub it in your face and make you feel down leave the house? Just to see couples and people kissing whilst I have no one haha going out more has actually made me sad because all I see is couples when I go to new places
I have 1 match on bumble (they have to message you first) and 2 on tinder the tinder ones didnt reply

I’m in this position too I’m 22 I always get complimented on my looks and personality but, it’s just never happened for me. I’ve never had that connection with another, I’ve never been kissed let alone had a bf I’m still a virgin too. I do work on my self and try to stay positive. I completely understand your struggle and dismay , it’s so frustrating because I actually feel ready to commit to someone for life but that person hasn’t shown themselves yet. I hope it makes you feel less down knowing there are many people who are also in a similar situation! Best of luck x
Original post by Anonymous
I’m in this position too I’m 22 I always get complimented on my looks and personality but, it’s just never happened for me. I’ve never had that connection with another, I’ve never been kissed let alone had a bf I’m still a virgin too. I do work on my self and try to stay positive. I completely understand your struggle and dismay , it’s so frustrating because I actually feel ready to commit to someone for life but that person hasn’t shown themselves yet. I hope it makes you feel less down knowing there are many people who are also in a similar situation! Best of luck x

It’s just bollux
It’s just bollux

Just keep in mind that feeling down and having negative thoughts won’t make your life any better. I know it’s hard but , remind yourself about the positives in your life and what you do have !
Looks like I’ll be deleting bumble and tinder again tonight how many times have I downloaded and deleted these worthless dating apps Ive lost count!
Kinda feel like the girls on dating apps are trolls
sometimes
Original post by tinygirl96
sometimes

It’s annoying knowing I’ll be forever alone!
Oh well
That’s a new one how can I show sympathy when I’m non stop getting no where or get let down no wonder I’m back to being negative!
Aw katya, I'm sorry that my lack of punctuation hurt your head. Are you feeling OK? Maybe you should have some herbal tea and an early night?
Not really you’ll still never get anywhere with women
You do realise attitude has nothing to do with it I gave up on dating for ages worked on my self was positive just to get the same old rubbish hence my I’m negative when it comes to this topic

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending