The Student Room Group

what can I do over the summer to help with my A levels

hey so I'm in between GCSEs and A levels, and I've got nothing else to do so does anyone have any tips on what to do over the summer in order to help with A levels? I'm doing Biology, Geography and Spanish:smile: thanks
Original post by FelicityL
hey so I'm in between GCSEs and A levels, and I've got nothing else to do so does anyone have any tips on what to do over the summer in order to help with A levels? I'm doing Biology, Geography and Spanish:smile: thanks

If I'm honest, just rest.

With Spanish maybe look over the vocab every now and then, but just restttt. :smile:
Reply 2

With bio, the jump from GCSE to a level is huge so if you really want to get a head start, I’d suggest watching some YouTube videos for the exam board that your sixth form is using. It’s a lot of content and very detailed so don’t be worried if you don’t understand much because it is a lot to process but you’ll have a lot of time in school to learn this anyways
You
(edited 2 years ago)
With bio, you could get this book CGP Head Start to A-level Biology
Reply 5
Original post by yumsss
With bio, the jump from GCSE to a level is huge so if you really want to get a head start, I’d suggest watching some YouTube videos for the exam board that your sixth form is using. It’s a lot of content and very detailed so don’t be worried if you don’t understand much because it is a lot to process but you’ll have a lot of time in school to learn this anyways

Okay thanks for the advice:smile:
The absolute main thing is to be solid on GCSE stuff - if you start doing too much prep ahead of A Levels you will confuse yourself and teach yourself things in a different way your teachers want to show you. I would say keep extra prep to a minimum for Biology and Geography (get CGP head start book) but for Spanish there’s no harm in learning new vocab on top of solidifying what you learnt at GCSE. Hope this helps
Reply 7
Original post by alphabet1012
The absolute main thing is to be solid on GCSE stuff - if you start doing too much prep ahead of A Levels you will confuse yourself and teach yourself things in a different way your teachers want to show you. I would say keep extra prep to a minimum for Biology and Geography (get CGP head start book) but for Spanish there’s no harm in learning new vocab on top of solidifying what you learnt at GCSE. Hope this helps

that really helps, thanks so much

Hey, I know it’s been almost a year since this post but you’re doing the same A Levels as I am and I’m having trouble picking courses for uni? What are you leaning towards?

Quick Reply

Latest