The Student Room Group

Guy overtook me in everything

It's just a guy who used to take the mick out of me.
Everything I have wanted to do he's done better than me. He's overtook me when it came to apprenticeships (he got an apprenticeship when we left school), he overtook me when it came to learning to drive (he passed first time at 17 which was before I even turned 17) he's had various cars currently various cars (currently in an audi s5), he had relationship and he is a landlord with his family. Maybe apart from the relationships thing this is literally all the the stuff I have wanted to like and he's just overtaken me at it and its just depressing.

I have been down and not confident about this because its not just him its like most people my age are working, apprenticeships, university, driving, relationships and some have moved out now. Im not working yet, not on apprenticeship yet, I'm not going university at any point, I'm not driving and I'm not in a relationship and never have been. I just want to do well as well and I know it will happen but I feel like everyone is overtaking me and I'm just behind. I'm not confident about it. Covid has kind of stopped me getting some of these. I just want to be like these guys.
One piece of advice is to never compare yourself to anyone!

You are your own person and you have your own destiny!

Remind yourself of your worth and the things you do have just because someone is going at a different pace to you in life doesn’t mean you are a failure!

Take it slow work on yourself you may see more success than you ever expected in the foreseeable future.

I once thought people were ahead of me but, it turned out that wasn’t the case in the long run.

The tortoise beats the hare is all I will say ...

*mic drop*
I think you should stop comparing yourself and get out their work on your driving get a job if it’s financial problems if you are still in school work on your grades because they weren’t born with everything you see maybe he has been saving for a very long time for driving lessons and for the car so he finished quicker and you said you had not even turned 17 yet so you shouldn’t worry about how he passed before you. I don’t want to sound rude just trying to help but you should try look at things differently. I used to say I want to do well I just can’t for school but I never done anything to help do well once I started I saw a huge change and improvement so don’t wait start now!
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I think you should stop comparing yourself and get out their work on your driving get a job if it’s financial problems if you are still in school work on your grades because they weren’t born with everything you see maybe he has been saving for a very long time for driving lessons and for the car so he finished quicker and you said you had not even turned 17 yet so you shouldn’t worry about how he passed before you. I don’t want to sound rude just trying to help but you should try look at things differently. I used to say I want to do well I just can’t for school but I never done anything to help do well once I started I saw a huge change and improvement so don’t wait start now!

I have money its just due to covud I haven't passed my test yet
Reply 4
One piece of advice is to never compare yourself to anyone!

You are your own person and you have your own destiny!

Remind yourself of your worth and the things you do have just because someone is going at a different pace to you in life doesn’t mean you are a failure!

Take it slow work on yourself you may see more success than you ever expected in the foreseeable future.

I once thought people were ahead of me but, it turned out that wasn’t the case in the long run.

The tortoise beats the hare is all I will say ...

*mic drop*

I just don’t know. Everyone always takes the piss out of me
I just don’t know. Everyone always takes the piss out of me

Who is everyone? And what do these people say ?
Reply 6
Who is everyone? And what do these people say ?

People my age. They always make fun of me because I'm always waiting for ****ing lifts again
Reply 7
Bump
Reply 8
People my age. They always make fun of me because I'm always waiting for ****ing lifts again

No they don't.
Reply 9
Original post by Kerzen
No they don't.

They do mate.
Why do other people’s opinions care take it from me I was once taken the piss out of but they stop it’s only so they feel good about themselves they really just don’t like to see that people are doing something with their lives and they are not so work on you and if you cants do your driving exam currently because of covid work on other things like your school if your in school or on gaining some virtual work experience that you could maybe add onto your cv to get better chances on the apprenticeships you want. I wouldn’t want to be like them since they seem ordinary be different BE YOU! I would work hard get out the I can’t do it because of covid mindset if your in it since you could do other things like get a job if you need one or start saving to use your money for driving once covid restrictions are lifted work on you whether that’s mentally or physically or both. You shouldn’t be ashamed of who you are their are millions of people who can’t even go to school and who would kill to even have a glimpse of a future like ours as we may think we are a failure or not like everyone else but it doesn’t mean you are a failure it doesn’t mean anything everyone is different and adapts in different ways!
Why do other people’s opinions care take it from me I was once taken the piss out of but they stop it’s only so they feel good about themselves they really just don’t like to see that people are doing something with their lives and they are not so work on you and if you cants do your driving exam currently because of covid work on other things like your school if your in school or on gaining some virtual work experience that you could maybe add onto your cv to get better chances on the apprenticeships you want. I wouldn’t want to be like them since they seem ordinary be different BE YOU! I would work hard get out the I can’t do it because of covid mindset if your in it since you could do other things like get a job if you need one or start saving to use your money for driving once covid restrictions are lifted work on you whether that’s mentally or physically or both. You shouldn’t be ashamed of who you are their are millions of people who can’t even go to school and who would kill to even have a glimpse of a future like ours as we may think we are a failure or not like everyone else but it doesn’t mean you are a failure it doesn’t mean anything everyone is different and adapts in different ways!

Cheers mate

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending