The Student Room Group

Year 12 summer 2021

Hi,

I was wondering what I should do in the summer of year 12. There is a job at my school where you can earn £600 in 2 weeks doing telethon work so you just call people all day but I have also booked work experience (potentially) for 4 weeks.

I am worried that I will burn myself out before year 13 as I need some time off to relax and start working on my CV and research university courses and visit uni courses as well as going on holiday and even revise for year 13 exams straight when I come back from the summer holidays. But I would also need the money as I am planning on going on a gap year?

Should I work during my summer of year 12 or wait until my gap year? It would also look good on my uni application though?
Reply 1
Original post by loulouloull
Hi,

I was wondering what I should do in the summer of year 12. There is a job at my school where you can earn £600 in 2 weeks doing telethon work so you just call people all day but I have also booked work experience (potentially) for 4 weeks.

I am worried that I will burn myself out before year 13 as I need some time off to relax and start working on my CV and research university courses and visit uni courses as well as going on holiday and even revise for year 13 exams straight when I come back from the summer holidays. But I would also need the money as I am planning on going on a gap year?

Should I work during my summer of year 12 or wait until my gap year? It would also look good on my uni application though?

im also y12 and I would def do the job during this summer as that can be written in Ucas!!
Reply 2
Ah okay, I see! You are right, it is a good thing to do. It will be a very busy summer, to say the least! Thank you :smile:
Original post by loulouloull
Hi,

I would go with the job tbh. If the job dont work out u can look on job sites like indeed and look for online tutoring opportunities as you can work around the hours of your work experience
Reply 4
I see what you mean! Thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest