Report Thread starter 1 month ago
shes meh to me

bothers me how much she likes studying wish i had her brains
HumbleBee_x
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Boooooooo. Istg i don't understand the fascination my cousin had a harry potter themed bday party recently :puke:

Lets talk about DISNEYYYYYYYY :rave:
Last edited by HumbleBee_x; 1 month ago
Pyruvic Acid
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Really enjoyed Harry Potter when I was younger.
Vapordave
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It exists. I really enjoyed reading it. I was going to get round to the films but certain events have irrevocably soured the whole franchise for me.
tej3141
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
books>>movies
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah not big on Harry Potter to be fair, the Prisoner of Azkaban was an alright film though, all the others made me drift off.
I read all the books as a kid, and I have the Ravenclaw special edition of the Philosophers Stone (like.. idk 25th anniversary edition or something) but I haven't really been big on it for probably a 6-ish years
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by tej3141)
books>>movies
agreed, but the movies were also super good.
Last edited by Qxi.xli; 1 month ago
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by HumbleBee_x)
Boooooooo. Istg i don't understand the fascination my cousin had a harry potter themed bday party recently :puke:

Lets talk about DISNEYYYYYYYY :rave:
Ok, how do you feel about Disney being named as one of the defendants in Ghislaine Maxwell's trial?
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
Qxi.xli
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 18ahussain)
lets talk about harry potter bcz why not
do u like it or hate it ??
Out of curioisty which house are you lol. I remember getting Gryffindor.
username5173262
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Ok, how do you feel about Disney being named as one of the defendants in Ghislaine Maxwell's trial?
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
They are great books! Very good storytelling. Shame the author’s a TERF.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
They are great books! Very good storytelling. Shame the author’s a TERF.
And what's TERF
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
And what's TERF
A Trans-Exclusionary Radical Feminist. She wrote a long and somewhat weird internet essay about how she thought trans women weren’t women.

It always surprised and saddened me that this person who imagined and wrote all about these people who were like, stags and deers at heart or could turn into animals or split their souls, couldn’t stretch her imagination to encompass the idea that a guy could be born with a woman’s body or vice versa - which is much less fantastical. And the extent to which the Harry Potter stories are about the triumph of tolerance and inclusion over prejudice. And then that. Like I said, it sucks.
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 1 month ago
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist. She wrote a long and somewhat weird internet essay about how she thought trans women weren’t women.

It always surprised and saddened me that this person who imagined and wrote all about these people who were like, stags and deers at heart or could turn into animals or split their souls, couldn’t stretch her imagination to encompass the idea that a guy could be born with a woman’s body or vice versa - which is much less fantastical. And the extent to which the Harry Potter stories are about the triumph of tolerance and inclusion over prejudice. And then that. Like I said, it sucks.
Then again Orson Scott Card wrote books about humans and aliens eventually figuring out that they’re all people and that they should treat each other kindly and equally - and he funds or at least funded his own anti-gay pressure group. So wtf do I know >.>
Last edited by anosmianAcrimony; 1 month ago
lunariumxo
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A Trans Exclusionary Radical Feminist. She wrote a long and somewhat weird internet essay about how she thought trans women weren’t women.

THIS
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by A Rolling Stone)
someone with a fully-functioning brain who has the intellectual capacity to understand that a 'transwoman' is not a woman.

It always surprised and saddened me that this person who imagined and wrote all about these people who were like, stags and deers at heart or could turn into animals or split their souls, couldn’t imagine that a guy could be born with a woman’s body or vice versa. And the extent to which the Harry Potter stories are about the triumph of tolerance and inclusion over prejudice. And then that. Like I said, it sucks.
Have a link to this essay? Or has she deleted it? I heard about it but learned to ignore her over the years before hand. I think she has a right to her opinion and shouldn't be cancelled for it. But. It's incredible pot stirring and vulgar and it invalidates a valid opinion. She knows she's gonna get attacked for it... I think a speech would have been better. Not a tweet.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (33)
15.21%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (66)
30.41%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
11.52%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (18)
8.29%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.53%
I think it's an unfair expectation (60)
27.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.38%

Watched Threads