The Student Room Group

Are you concerned about getting old?

I keep thinking how time is going by so quick, today I am 19, soon I will be 25, then 30, then 50 etc etc.

Scroll to see replies

Yeah. I'm concerned about getting older in the present moment though, more than in the future.
Nah I'm ready for it 💪🏼👿
Bring it on, crippling lower back pain!!
I don't want to live past 65. It's just pain from that point onwards. Not concerned though, I live in the past, just bought a phone from 2012 lol, for reasons.
(edited 2 years ago)
I don’t really care.
I am, actually! I hope they invent immortality by the time I’m like 50.
Original post by urlocalinmate
I don't want to live past 65. It's just pain from that point onwards. Not concerned though, I live in the past, just bought a phone from 2012 lol, for reasons.

I prefer older tech as well, I still play the PS2 and 360 consistently, in fact I am going to be buying a PS2 Slim soon.
Original post by V℮rsions
Nah I'm ready for it 💪🏼👿
Bring it on, crippling lower back pain!!

I suppose when your old you can do whatever you want
Original post by Dontknow698
I prefer older tech as well, I still play the PS2 and 360 consistently, in fact I am going to be buying a PS2 Slim soon.

I still have an original Xbox. Need to change my mindset and appreciate what we have now rather than looking back and wishing to live in the current day.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
I don’t really care.

Fair enough, nothing you can do about it so accepting may be the right way to go about it.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
I am, actually! I hope they invent immortality by the time I’m like 50.

If they do then we really will have a population problem.

I reckon being immortal would be cool if you were good at inventing things, you could make so much advancements.
Original post by Dontknow698
I keep thinking how time is going by so quick, today I am 19, soon I will be 25, then 30, then 50 etc etc.

same. I also worry about never going anywhere with my life
I'm already in my 30s. Can be daunting at first but you eventually get used to it, make your peace with it, even look forward to it.

You go into coping mode I guess and therefore it makes you treat things in a different way. I've thought about it all in detail - getting wrinkly, losing my appeal when I'm too old, losing my virility, eventually losing family members, possibly growing old alone, becoming too old to do anything and eventually dying. Honestly it doesn't scare me at all. Bring it on.

Make your peace with it, trust me it makes life easier. Its inevitable so the best thing to do is accept it.
Yes yes! Wow so it’s not just me. I’m 21 and wish I was 16 again 😔 Time feels like it speeds up the older you get.
I hope I don't get ugly when I get older.
here for a good time, not a long time
Yup. Time seems to fly after 20. I still look younger than most people my age, but I'm definitely on the decline. My knees hurt, I've got high blood pressure and my knobs not what it was. Its only going to go down hill from here.

You see friends having their second kid when you're not even in a relationship, relatives suddenly getting I'll and old and dying and you think 'what the ****?' Time seems like a cosmic joke at your expense.

I'm sure they'll have successfull xenotransplants, robotic body parts and skin regeneration in the next twenty years. But only the for the rich and those born at the right time. The rest of will just be scavenging for food in the toxic smog, looking enviously in to Bill Gates biodome.
Original post by chlamydia9000
Yup. Time seems to fly after 20. I still look younger than most people my age, but I'm definitely on the decline. My knees hurt, I've got high blood pressure and my knobs not what it was. Its only going to go down hill from here.

You see friends having their second kid when you're not even in a relationship, relatives suddenly getting I'll and old and dying and you think 'what the ****?' Time seems like a cosmic joke at your expense.

I'm sure they'll have successfull xenotransplants, robotic body parts and skin regeneration in the next twenty years. But only the for the rich and those born at the right time. The rest of will just be scavenging for food in the toxic smog, looking enviously in to Bill Gates biodome.

Look for life extenders now while you can. :colone:
I am glad because the more l grow old, the wiser l become!
Original post by chlamydia9000

I am worried about living a boring life not doing much. I can handle the idea of dying but going out without achieving anything? That is shi*.

Quick Reply

Latest