I don’t understand minimum wage jobs and universal credit

Watch this thread
Anon346775
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
if universal credit money is enough to live on what is the point of minimum wage jobs? as in why do we earn more on a minimum wage job each month when universal credit money is enough to live on each month?
Anon346775
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
for example on a minimum wage job why do we earn £656 a month if you’re between 18-20 years old and on universal credit each month you earn £342.72 due to the virus or £251.77 each month which is enough to live on, if UC is enough to live on why give more on a minimum wage job (minimum wage jobs are supposedly enough to live on).
SubhanF
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
Live off £255 a month no way , rent alone is more than that
Anon346775
Rep:
(Original post by SubhanF)
Live off £255 a month no way , rent alone is more than that
surely the job centre gives just about enough money to live on (so you have no savings)?
Last edited by Anon346775; 11 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has advance information helped during your exams?

Yes (124)
68.13%
No (37)
20.33%
I didn't use it to prepare (21)
11.54%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise