The Student Room Group

Is this a good a level combination?

I want to take psychology, criminology, chemistry (if i can get my grade up!) and an epq. Idk what i want to do as a career so im picking subjects which i enjoy and r good at. Is this a good combination or is it too much workload?
Original post by _Robyn_
I want to take psychology, criminology, chemistry (if i can get my grade up!) and an epq. Idk what i want to do as a career so im picking subjects which i enjoy and r good at. Is this a good combination or is it too much workload?

I think it is a pretty good combination, you could possibly even go into forensic science. I do Biology, chemistry and psychology and honestly I think having a balance of an essay-based subject and science-based was the best decision because even though psychology has a scientific side, it is enjoyable to take a break from formulas and maths etc. So I think it is a pretty good combination and there are different career paths you can take. The main thing obviously is to do something you enjoy! but you also have to make sure you want to do it 100% because choosing A levels can close doors to other career paths you may be interested in. so as long as you are happy and understand what type of career you want to do, I think the A levels you have chosen are pretty good. Hope that helps! Good luck!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by ANOYNOMUS786
I think it is a pretty good combination, you could possibly even go into forensic science. I do Biology, chemistry and psychology and honestly I think having a balance of an essay-based subject and science-based was the best decision because even though psychology has a scientific side, it is enjoyable to take a break from formulas and maths etc. So I think it is a pretty good combination and there are different career paths you can take. The main thing obviously is to do something you enjoy! but you also have to make sure you want to do it 100% because choosing A levels can close doors to other career paths you may be interested in. so as long as you are happy and understand what type of career you want to do, I think the A levels you have chosen are pretty good. Hope that helps! Good luck!

Thanks for this i never even considered forensics before and now very intrigued 🤔

Quick Reply

Latest