The Student Room Group

Skipping the gym for 2 weeks

I didn’t go to the gym last week because i was away and this week I am super tired because of going away and I’m also on new meds which are making me really sleepy. If I’m eating virtually the same amount everyday, not taking much steps (around 3-5k) and not going to the gym will I gain weight?
Don't think there'll be much of a gain, maybe 0.1kg to 0.5kg after a few months?
(edited 2 years ago)
A week away from the gym is not so bad, a month all the more. But even this does not matter, as long as you are doing sports generally. I personally met a gym a half year ago (due to Covid), but in this time I compensate it with running and workouts.
Not going gym will always make you gain weight, it comes down to the fact that do you care if you gain weight. A lot of people are happy being on the chubbier side.
Reply 4
Original post by erwrwe2434
Not going gym will always make you gain weight, it comes down to the fact that do you care if you gain weight. A lot of people are happy being on the chubbier side.

Aside from medical conditions, maintaining a healthy weight mostly requires exercise and eating a healthy diet. Neither of those things require visiting a gym.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest