apling
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm looking to apply to St Andrews Uni and was wondering how many different types work experience should be included seeing as there grade entry for psychology is AAB and not AAA or A*AA.
Lucy6487
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I’m attending St. Andrews next year for neuroscience and while that isn’t psychology they’re part of the same department at the uni so the experience they’re looking for might be similar. Assuming you mean for your personal statement, in terms of work experience/volunteering, I volunteered in a care home and a first school. I also did work experience in a GP and Hospital. I mentioned things like wider reading and my EPQ in the personal statement too. I also have a part time job which was on the application but not in the personal statement. I mainly focused on what I had learnt from the experiences and was most interested by which linked to neuroscience. There was a small section at the end of my personal statement for DofE, NCS and hobbies and the rest was based around neuro. Hope this helps
apling
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Lucy6487)
Hi, I’m attending St. Andrews next year for neuroscience and while that isn’t psychology they’re part of the same department at the uni so the experience they’re looking for might be similar. Assuming you mean for your personal statement, in terms of work experience/volunteering, I volunteered in a care home and a first school. I also did work experience in a GP and Hospital. I mentioned things like wider reading and my EPQ in the personal statement too. I also have a part time job which was on the application but not in the personal statement. I mainly focused on what I had learnt from the experiences and was most interested by which linked to neuroscience. There was a small section at the end of my personal statement for DofE, NCS and hobbies and the rest was based around neuro. Hope this helps
Yes this helps greatly, thank you!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Poll: What factors affect your mental health most right now? Post-lockdown edition

Anxiousness about restrictions easing (21)
6.58%
Uncertainty around my education (35)
10.97%
Uncertainty around my future career prospects (37)
11.6%
Lack of purpose or motivation (46)
14.42%
Lack of support system (eg. teachers, counsellors, delays in care) (17)
5.33%
Impact lockdown had on physical health (14)
4.39%
Social worries (incl. loneliness/making friends) (30)
9.4%
Financial worries (22)
6.9%
Concern about myself or my loves ones getting/having been ill (14)
4.39%
Exposure to negative news/social media (19)
5.96%
Difficulty accessing real life entertainment (6)
1.88%
Lack of confidence in making big life decisions (34)
10.66%
Worry about missed opportunities during the pandemic (24)
7.52%

Watched Threads