I look so ugly in my passport picture.

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I want to stay anon so I’m not sure if this is the right forum.

But I took a professional picture for my passport and the minute I seen it, i’m just so insecure now.

Like, I look like a man. My face looks wide, jaw looks huge and my eyes look really small. It might sound like i’m exaggerating it, but it looks so bad.

My mom was like ‘you should’ve asked the guy to take it again’ but literally, it isn’t the picture. It’s my face. And like i’m just so insecure wtf.

I don’t think i’m looking for advice on what to do because i’m stuck with this face, but just a small rant.
Mr T 999
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Everyone looks ugly and bad on passport pics lol don't feel bad
username4899406
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Mr T 999)
Everyone looks ugly and bad on passport pics lol don't feel bad
If you're feeling that insecure you can just have it taken again but realistically how many people are actually going to see it?
t0897
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I want to stay anon so I’m not sure if this is the right forum.

But I took a professional picture for my passport and the minute I seen it, i’m just so insecure now.

Like, I look like a man. My face looks wide, jaw looks huge and my eyes look really small. It might sound like i’m exaggerating it, but it looks so bad.

My mom was like ‘you should’ve asked the guy to take it again’ but literally, it isn’t the picture. It’s my face. And like i’m just so insecure wtf.

I don’t think i’m looking for advice on what to do because i’m stuck with this face, but just a small rant.
Passport photos aren't how someone else will see you, trust me mine looks so much more different to me that my friends pointed it out lol
I bet you look much better in real life
Don't worry it's just for travel not many people will see it and those that do will have seen thousands of passport photos
You can re take it if it really worries you
kolme
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Yeah pretty much everyone secretly hates their passport photo, you're fine honestly

I was watching them photoshop my photo too (like airbrushing spots and stuff) and it makes it even more weird and unnatural, it's like they're designed to make you feel bad lol
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
My passport picture is deffo the worst photo of myself, I look so depressed and sad on it,
I didn't even put any male up I just look tired. Honesty don't worry about it, we can't all look like Kim K, you're still beautiful even if people make you feel differently, can still change it in few years 😅.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
lol my passport photo looks like a sociopath, my friends told me that's because the camera lens they used were not that good and the staff are definitely not great photographers who can capture the right expressions
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Ah the replies to this have made me feel so much better, thank you all!!
anosmianAcrimony
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
My passport picture looks fine but my uni ID card... oh my days. I don’t look ugly, I look dim or half-asleep or something. I hate showing it to people.
username5050312
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
My passport picture looks fine but my uni ID card... oh my days. I don’t look ugly, I look dim or half-asleep or something. I hate showing it to people.
Note. Acrimony is still beautiful.
anosmianAcrimony
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by cleveranimal56)
Note. Acrimony is still beautiful.
Meh, if I looked merely ugly on it, I’d be happier. My face looks sort of contorted somehow - super unnatural.
username5050312
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by anosmianAcrimony)
Meh, if I looked merely ugly on it, I’d be happier. My face looks sort of contorted somehow - super unnatural.
Uncanny is the word you're looking for :yep:
AlexStricklin12
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Eh, We all look awful in our passport photos lol. As someone who's been suffering with body dysmorphia (who also hates my own face), all I can say is just accept the fact that it doesn't matter as much as you might think, and I'm sure you look fine (if not good but I'm not tryna catch a case)
Last edited by AlexStricklin12; 1 year ago
HumbleBee_x
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I remember for my first oyster card, my dad had the audacity to use my passport photo- i look high fgs.
Marria1234567
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Girl you are describing my passport pic! You don’t look like it don’t worry it’s the way they set it up. Like 100% I know this for a fact.
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Mine looks like a mugshot :lol: its awful too
Sabertooth
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
I look like a crack addict.
issawrap
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Lmao I look terrible in mine even though I'm not that ugly in real life

Need a new one ASAP
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
That's the whole point of a passport picture. If you look good in it you're doing it wrong.
TreasureGem
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 9 months ago
My passport has a pic of my inner tormented soul. In fact my every government ID has that kind of pic. They use an SLR camera to take such pics. I guess their camera has an extra setting to take such hell-born pics.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (6)
42.86%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (4)
28.57%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
14.29%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (0)
0%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (0)
0%
I’m starting to consider my university options (2)
14.29%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (0)
0%

Watched Threads