Should I go to Edinburgh or Sheffield with scholarship? (desperately needing help)

Watch
keanismynickname
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm an international (non-eu) student with offers from Edinburgh, Manchester and Sheffield for International Relations (and/or politics depending on the uni).
+ undergraduate

I personally want to study at Edinburgh more than other places if money isn't the problem, but money does matter to me.
Well, my parents say that I should go to Edinburgh even without scholarship.

But I have a 50% scholarship offer from Sheffield, which is why I don't know what is the wiser option.

I have to make a decision by the 10th but I'm still thinking a lot about where to go between Edi and Sheff.

Are the recognition of and opportunities given from Edinburgh highly valuable that I should go to Edinburgh regardless?

How about Sheffield?

The biggest thing Im concerned about is the employability from each uni

Please help TT
University of Sheffield Students
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by keanismynickname)
I'm an international (non-eu) student with offers from Edinburgh, Manchester and Sheffield for International Relations (and/or politics depending on the uni).
+ undergraduate

I personally want to study at Edinburgh more than other places if money isn't the problem, but money does matter to me.
Well, my parents say that I should go to Edinburgh even without scholarship.

But I have a 50% scholarship offer from Sheffield, which is why I don't know what is the wiser option.

I have to make a decision by the 10th but I'm still thinking a lot about where to go between Edi and Sheff.

Are the recognition of and opportunities given from Edinburgh highly valuable that I should go to Edinburgh regardless?

How about Sheffield?

The biggest thing Im concerned about is the employability from each uni

Please help TT
Hey!

Current university of Sheffield student here! I won't be able to say much about Edinburgh as I personally don't know anyone who has gone to Uni there but I've visited and it's a really beautiful city! Hopefully I'll be able to provide some insight into the university life here at Sheffield.

Sheffield is a very friendly city and I instantly felt at home when I arrived here. There are loads of parks in and around Sheffield and the Peak District is only a 10 minute drive away! So it's ideal if you love walking/hiking/boating/swimming etc. The centre is conveniently close to uni with West Street (main place for pubs and bars) only being a 10 minute walk from the Students' Union. Our Students' Union has been voted the best in the UK for over a decade and we have over 350 different societies that you can join to enhance your university experience and meet new people. The career support is great too - we have the careers service and the JobShop which help you with finding jobs and work experience both during and after University.
Sheffield is also on the cheaper side when it comes to city living. Rent for student housing near uni tends to be around £80-110 a week. Nights out are cheap too if you're interested in that!

Do let me know if you have any further questions about Sheffield/uni life! I'd be happy to help

Emily
- 3rd Year, BMus
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (64)
22.54%
Excited but a bit nervous (128)
45.07%
Not bothered either way (36)
12.68%
I'm really nervous (56)
19.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed