J.Kidd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
Where is the best place to get accommodation for Strathclyde University for the best uni experience?
Tracey_W
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by J.Kidd)
Where is the best place to get accommodation for Strathclyde University for the best uni experience?
Best using if possible the university own accommodation but I listed few below as there's obviously quite a lot you can use.
What to do is type in " best student accommodation near Strathclyde university " and see what's available and you can research better there.

Best Student Accommodation, University of Strathclyde.
Dunaskin Mill.
Kelvinhaugh Gate.
iQ Elgin Place. (iQ)
Canvas Glasgow. (Canvas Student) ...
Winton Drive. (Sanctuary Students) ...
MyPad Paisley. (Fresh) ...
Brand New - opening 2021. Bridle Works.
J.Kidd
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Tracey_W)
Best using if possible the university own accommodation but I listed few below as there's obviously quite a lot you can use.
What to do is type in " best student accommodation near Strathclyde university " and see what's available and you can research better there.

Best Student Accommodation, University of Strathclyde.
Dunaskin Mill.
Kelvinhaugh Gate.
iQ Elgin Place. (iQ)
Canvas Glasgow. (Canvas Student) ...
Winton Drive. (Sanctuary Students) ...
MyPad Paisley. (Fresh) ...
Brand New - opening 2021. Bridle Works.
Thank you so much! I'll start doing my research now.
Tracey_W
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Thank you so much! I'll start doing my research now.
No worries okay.

I was born & raised in Glasgow but don't know all the area's that student accommodation in the city as too many.

Hopefully with researching things you'll get some ideas on where to start and you can always contact the university for more help...x
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
Out of the uni run accommodation which is the best?
University of Strathclyde
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Out of the uni run accommodation which is the best?
Hey J.Kidd and Anon! So glad to hear you're both joining us soon and are looking at accommodation! What is it you'll be studying?

When it comes to accommodation you have loads of different options. We have our own Strathclyde halls (with around eight different residences available this year I believe), as well as the option of independently run student accommodation or renting privately. If you're looking for a full student oriented experience I'd say that going down the route of either our own halls/independent halls are a good idea- as then you get to live with lots of different students

I actually don't recognise any of the accommodation providers mentioned above sorry so I can't comment on any of those. Please make sure to do your research properly and take in to account convenience factors such as location, as I recognise some of those aren't actually close to our university. Some of the private student accommodation I'm aware of are Nido Collection (St James residence is right next to our campus library) and Student Roost. These aren't run by the university so I can't comment too much further on those but I know they are close by.

For our own accommodation, all of our halls will give you a great social experience. What may be best for you is different for everyone, so check out our accommodation section on our website for more info and to get a feel for the different rooms. You can do 360 degree tours of our rooms here: https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus...accommodation/. Our accommodation application form lets you pick your three favourite options and we try our best to allocate you to one of those. We also ask you some personality based questions as part of the application and that will give you a chance to tell us more about *you* so we can try to find you the best room mates! If, for example, you're quite quiet and not a big party person then we'll try to put you in a flat with other likeminded people. So be honest if you are filling that form out!

Feel free to message me if I can help with anything else!

- Caitlin
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Anonymous #1
Report 2 weeks ago
If I didn’t get a room in a block I wanted what could I do next?

(Original post by University of Strathclyde)Hey J.Kidd and Anon! So glad to hear you're both joining us soon and are looking at accommodation! What is it you'll be studying?

When it comes to accommodation you have loads of different options. We have our own Strathclyde halls (with around eight different residences available this year I believe), as well as the option of independently run student accommodation or renting privately. If you're looking for a full student oriented experience I'd say that going down the route of either our own halls/independent halls are a good idea- as then you get to live with lots of different students

I actually don't recognise any of the accommodation providers mentioned above sorry so I can't comment on any of those. Please make sure to do your research properly and take in to account convenience factors such as location, as I recognise some of those aren't actually close to our university. Some of the private student accommodation I'm aware of are Nido Collection (St James residence is right next to our campus library) and Student Roost. These aren't run by the university so I can't comment too much further on those but I know they are close by.

For our own accommodation, all of our halls will give you a great social experience. What may be best for you is different for everyone, so check out our accommodation section on our website for more info and to get a feel for the different rooms. You can do 360 degree tours of our rooms here: https://www.strath.ac.uk/studywithus...accommodation/. Our accommodation application form lets you pick your three favourite options and we try our best to allocate you to one of those. We also ask you some personality based questions as part of the application and that will give you a chance to tell us more about *you* so we can try to find you the best room mates! If, for example, you're quite quiet and not a big party person then we'll try to put you in a flat with other likeminded people. So be honest if you are filling that form out!

- Caitlin

(Original post by University of Strathclyde)
Hey J.Kidd and Anon! So glad to hear you're both joining us soon and are looking at accommodation! What is it you'll be studying?

- Caitlin
University of Strathclyde
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
If I didn’t get a room in a block I wanted what could I do next?
Hey! Have you already found out which halls you're in? Which ones were you allocated?

This would be a query best directed to our accommodation team. Their email address is [email protected] so they may be able to answer if changes could be possible. Please don't worry if you didn't get your number one choice - unfortunately due to demand this isn't always possible but one of the main priorities is that we'll try to place you in halls with likeminded people so that you'll get on with those you live with. All of our halls are very similar, with the main differences being en suite/wash basins in rooms.

- Caitlin
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (220)
43.65%
I'm worried that I'm not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (57)
11.31%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (39)
7.74%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as 'lesser' because I didn't take exams (106)
21.03%
I don't think that receiving these grades will impact my future (55)
10.91%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (27)
5.36%

Watched Threads