How to answer an issues and debates Q in A-level psychology Edexcel?

Watch this thread
studyholmes
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
hello!

I was just wondering how you'd go about answering the different describe/assess/evaluate/to what extent questions for the issues and debates section in paper 1 (12 marker) for Edexcel?

Would assess/evaluate be AO1 and AO3? do I need a counter argument? What would get you into the top band?

any help would be much appreciated!
emilyprentiss8
Badges: 9
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Always, always have a counter arguments when assessing and evaluating. Always use the word 'however'. <--The most favourited word by examiners!!! If you're following the SCOUTS rule then a however should already be included in the conflicting evidence section. If you're following the GRAVE rule, an occasional however would probably suffice as long as you cover every point with AO1 and AO3. When in doubt always use both AO1& AO3 just in case. AO2 is only needed for application questions only. If the 8/12 marker is application, I suggest using all 3.

GRAVE= Generalisability, Reliability, Application to the real world, Validity and Ethics (GRAVE is used for studies and experiments).

SCOUTS= Supporting evidence, Conflicting evidence, Other explanations, Usefulness, Testability and Simplicity (SCOUTS is used for theories).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How are you feeling about your results?

They're better than I expected (112)
40.88%
They're exactly what I expected (65)
23.72%