Dental Application

Watch this thread
wemove
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is it possible to redo year 12 and still get into all uk dental unis? so will other people who haven't had to redo year 12 be favoured over me? will i be equal to everyone else in admissions eyes?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
Some dental schools don’t accept resit applicants/ applicants who take more than 2 years to complete their A Levels.

See this link for a list of which universities accept/don’t accept resits: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...y-requirements
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by wemove)
Is it possible to redo year 12 and still get into all uk dental unis? so will other people who haven't had to redo year 12 be favoured over me? will i be equal to everyone else in admissions eyes?
Not necessarily all.

Some dental schools may be take A-Level resit students without exceptional circumstances... and if you have taken more than 2 years to complete your A-Levels - you may be treated as an A-Level resit student.
wemove
Rep:
(Original post by Mesopotamian.)
Some dental schools don’t accept resit applicants/ applicants who take more than 2 years to complete their A Levels.

See this link for a list of which universities accept/don’t accept resits: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...y-requirements
the dent/med application coordinator in my school said i can still get in as they won't know if i have redone year 12 or not??
wemove
Rep:

and also on Plymouth it said one resit attempt allowed so does that mean only one subject resit or one all 3 subject resit?
Mesopotamian.
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
the dent/med application coordinator in my school said i can still get in as they won't know if i have redone year 12 or not??
I think UCAS applications ask for details like this, so they will know. ecolier do you know? I’m only sure about this when it comes to official AS exam qualifications.
and also on Plymouth it said one resit attempt allowed so does that mean only one subject resit or one all 3 subject resit?
Resits = number of times you’ve attempted any one exam. If you’ve only done a biology resit, it’s considered a resit in the same way as doing a resit in all 3 subjects because you’ve still taken more than 2 years to complete your A Levels.
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I think UCAS applications ask for details like this, so they will know. ecolier do you know? I’m only sure about this when it comes to official AS exam qualifications...
Of course they will... if you completed your GCSEs in 2020, but your A-Levels were achieved in 2023 that's going to raise questions.
wemove
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
Of course they will... if you completed your GCSEs in 2020, but your A-Levels were achieved in 2023 that's going to raise questions.
So will people (in the same application cycle that I'm applying in) be favoured who havent resat?
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So will people (in the same application cycle that I'm applying in) be favoured who havent resat?
Depends on the university.
wemove
Rep:
(Original post by ecolier)
Depends on the university.
how do i find out if each universities specific criteria? I've tried emailing-no response and ive looked in different sources but there never is just one answer!
ecolier
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
how do i find out if each universities specific criteria? I've tried emailing-no response and ive looked in different sources but there never is just one answer!
I mean there's a list for "which med school accept resits" https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6649138 so it must be possible to find out one way or another for dental schools too.

How long have you waited for a response? Note that it's still peak season and admissions may be busy - the best resource is straight from the university itself.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

What is missing from the school curriculum?

Basic life skills (eg. cooking) (6)
27.27%
Financial skills (eg. taxes, budgeting) (10)
45.45%
First aid skills (1)
4.55%
Personal safety skills (0)
0%
Sign language (4)
18.18%
Expanded sexual health/relationships (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
4.55%

Watched Threads