What grade do i need for a level chemistry?

Watch
_Robyn_
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Im currently nearing the end of yr 10 and i know its a long way off yet but i want to take chemistry as a level. But im only on grade 4/5 sometimes 6. Do i need to get a higher grade to manage it at a level?
Wannabevetnurse
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by _Robyn_)
Im currently nearing the end of yr 10 and i know its a long way off yet but i want to take chemistry as a level. But im only on grade 4/5 sometimes 6. Do i need to get a higher grade to manage it at a level?
You need a grade 7 at least. The difference may look small, but it's a whole level of understanding.
kylalee.x
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by _Robyn_)
If you struggle at GCSE you will struggle at a level
Khrushchavy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
what kind of grades do you get in the other sciences? Also try using the CGP revision guide - it's actually really helpful for GCSE chemistry I think
yasmin03
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
probably a 6/7 as a minimum, but you have plenty of time. and yess the CGP revision guide was really helpful, but also practice questions will really help! you can find past papers on your exam board's website as well as topic-specific ones on websites like physics and maths tutor. best of luck!!!
DOOODARS
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
For my school, the entry requirements were:
For double science: two 7s
Triple: 7 in chemistry, 6 in Biology, 6 in Physics
A 7 in maths.

Speaking as someone who averaged a 5/6 most of GCSE, got a 7 overall, and has just finished A Level Chemistry with a likely B grade, it’s certainly possible as long as you put the effort in and practice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
7.32%
I need help researching courses (3)
7.32%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
7.32%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
48.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (9)
21.95%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.44%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
4.88%

Watched Threads