MikeOnABike
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I've recently firmed my choice to study at UCL for the next academic year and am presently looking for accommodation that I can apply for.
I already live in London and while the commute would be slightly quicker from accommodation, the main reason why I intend on staying in accommodation is to be better connected to student life.

I don't mind paying the rent, however I want to ensure that I live in proper accommodation, I've also heard a fair share of complaints about the quality of the accommodation, hearing of multiple locations having rats and/or cockroaches living in them, while also hearing of a student strike concerning accommodation five years ago.

Does UCL accommodation have a reputation for poor quality accommodation and is the amount of money which you spend there worth it for the quality that you are getting? While I want to stay in accommodation, I need to ensure that the money I'm paying for isn't going to very poor housing.
Last edited by MikeOnABike; 3 months ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.65%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (28)
16.47%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (27)
15.88%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
14.12%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (46)
27.06%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (32)
18.82%

Watched Threads