Barbzzz12
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi I have my sociology mock exams in like 3 weeks I still do not know how to write 20markers properly with the item and identify what I need to talk about in the essay. Can anyone help???
ffunky
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Barbzzz12)
Hi I have my sociology mock exams in like 3 weeks I still do not know how to write 20 markers properly with the item and identify what I need to talk about in the essay. Can anyone help??
Hi, you should use 2-3 'PERCY' structure paragraphs for your 20 markers and a justified conclusion.
P - Point
E - Evidence/Explain
R - Reference to Sociological Thinker/ Key ideas
C - Criticism/Evaluation
Y - Your link back to the question

As it is an Item question, make sure you reference the item e.g, ' As Item D states 'there has been an increase in older mothers', Feminists would support this as they argue the feminisation of the economy has led to more women prioritising economic independence and a career and no longer see childbearing as a priority. This is supported by Sharpe who studied the change of attitudes of women in the 1970s and the 1990s. Her study revealed that women's priorities had radically changed, where family life, marriage and childbearing were the main priorities to education, economic independence and a successful career.' This would be the E and R to your paragraph. The criticism (C to PERCY) can be a strength or a weakness, so you can include other key thinkers who support Sharpe, such as Wilkinson (who discussed 'genderquake').
LawStudent456
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Hi I have my sociology mock exams in like 3 weeks I still do not know how to write 20markers properly with the item and identify what I need to talk about in the essay. Can anyone help???
AQA? Have you been told what topics the questions are on?
Barbzzz12
Rep:
?
Thanks guys
Last edited by Barbzzz12; 3 months ago
Barbzzz12
Rep:
?
(Original post by daveymcloughlin)
AQA? Have you been told what topics the questions are on?
within education include theories of education, social class and identity, underachievement amongst different social groups and observations
LawStudent456
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
within education include theories of education, social class and identity, underachievement amongst different social groups and observations
DM me
PENGIUNN
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
DM me
Same here but need it ASAP
LawStudent456
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by PENGIUNN)
Same here but need it ASAP
DM me then
PENGIUNN
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
It won’t let me do
PENGIUNN
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
DM me then
It won’t let me do
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
9.38%
I need help researching courses (2)
6.25%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
9.38%
I need help with my personal statement (15)
46.88%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (6)
18.75%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
3.13%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
6.25%

Watched Threads