The Student Room Group
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton

sussex or nottingham uni?

I'm stuck deciding between Sussex and Nottingham uni, does anyone have any comparisons, or suggestions in which one is better?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm stuck deciding between Sussex and Nottingham uni, does anyone have any comparisons, or suggestions in which one is better?

Hi! It's great that you are considering going to Sussex! Unfortunately, I have not studied at Nottingham but I can provide you with some insight about life at Sussex.

I personally have enjoyed studying at Sussex and have liked that it is located near Brighton which has allowed me to be close to the beach and in a location where there is always lots to do. I would say in terms of deciding which university would be best for you it would be good to consider a few factors and see which university meets your personal requirements best! This could be things like location, your interest in the modules on the course you are choosing to study, accommodation and many more! I found that doing this for the universities I was choosing from helped me to see which university was right for me. I personally considered location and my interest in the course the most important as I felt that these were the main factors that would contribute to my overall happiness during my time at university.

I hope that this helps and please feel to ask me any other questions you may have!
Best wishes,
Merade (Yr 3 History and Politics BA)
(edited 2 years ago)
University of Sussex
University of Sussex
Brighton
Original post by Anonymous

Hello, thank you for your question.

Unfortunately, myself I have also not studied at the Nottingham University. However, as a current Sussex University undergraduate student, overall, I have definitely been pleased with the quality of the tuition and the support that I have received throughout my degree. Furthermore, as my colleague has already touched on, Brighton is a lovely place to live; both in terms of the culturally diverse and welcoming environment, as well as, the attractive scenery. For instance, myself I very much enjoy the long distance walks around the South Downs Park and along the beach - a potentially great way to relax and clear your head after a long day of studies! Furthermore, I have had so many opportunities to meet and get to know a vast number of students from all over the world and from a range of different cultural and socio-economic backgrounds. I do feel this has considerably boosted my awareness of the social issues and most definitely boosted my communication and networking skills. Moreover, the huge range of clubs and societies on offer and the availability of the numerous social events throughout the year; on campus and off-campus certainly do add to the university experience! Lastly, throughout my university journey, I have been fortunate to benefit from a fairly easy access to a vast number of employment options - something which I do believe has really boosted my career prospects, as well as, focussed my professional aspirations and ambitions; beyond what I have initially expected.

Overall, as highlighted by Merade, it is crucial to think carefully about which university will fit your academic style and successfully accommodate all of your personal needs.

I wish you the best of luck, regardless of where you choose to study! If you let me know which subject you are interested in studying, then I might be able to provide you with a bit more of information, regarding the comparison of the performance of Sussex vs Nottingham, in this particular field area. All and all, please do let me know if you have any questions that I might be able to answer :smile:.

Best Wishes,
Kasia (4th Year Medical Neuroscience Student MSci with a Year Abroad)
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest