June 2019 AS Breadth in Chemistry OCR A

Watch
saffira
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
Was wondering how people found this paper like on a scale of 1-10 (1 being easy 10 being extremely hard). I might be sitting this paper as a mock (i don't want answers or anything please) just wanted an indication of how people found it since i am very anxious about sitting an exam for the first time in a year and a bit haha.
Last edited by saffira; 1 week ago
idk.lol
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
ohh yes im literally the exact same im assuming your in year 12?, could you please update me if you find out im literally going crazy omg also do you think it would it be the 2019 or 2020 one?

also how are you revising for chemistry (ive honestly just never revised for an exam ever like ik its rlly bad but im rlly stressing out now) so do you know of any useful revision resources that are free or any websites or something???????
Last edited by idk.lol; 1 week ago
saffira
Rep:
?
m.ehrish

yeah! I am year 12 I’ll let you know if anyone replies (so far no one ahhh). I think it’ll be the 2019 papers because the 2020 ones seem TOO recent and to my knowledge weren’t those the papers the current year 13s sat? maybe I’m wrong though.

no don’t worry i feel you I always did half arsed revision for gcses (not that it mattered too much in the end huh!) for all my subjects and managed to do okay considering we didn’t sit gcses but I know I could have done better if I revised harder for mocks.

I do OCR A chemistry so this is how I revise

-get your specification!! have it next to you in physical copy or digital. this way you know the important parts the exam board is looking for.

-I make notes for all the more writing/drawing parts of chemistry (e.g., properties of group 7, alcohols) but for the maths side of things unless it’s something I struggle with (like hess cycle or calorimetery) I don’t bother with proper notes. I make a summary sheet with all the equations I need to know and just do practice questions.

-ppqs and I try and time myself because I’m bad with time management. any knowledge based ppqs I make sure to note any key words or phrases in the mark scheme in my notes.

-quizlet flash cards: for my mocks this year I tried to make quizlet flash cards which I found super useful but it takes a lot of time so do this in advance not a week before your exams.

-I use physics and maths tutor for ppqs and they also have great ‘summary notes’ (tbh they are pretty detailed and have most things covered in the spec). also like chemguide for their worksheets not so much for making notes from the website since it’s too detailed and a bit confusing to read sometimes. I have two chemistry textbooks I use too.

I hope this helps good luck for your exams too
Last edited by saffira; 1 week ago
idk.lol
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by saffira)
m.ehrish

yeah! I am year 12 I’ll let you know if anyone replies (so far no one ahhh). I think it’ll be the 2019 papers because the 2020 ones seem TOO recent and to my knowledge weren’t those the papers the current year 13s sat? maybe I’m wrong though.

no don’t worry i feel you I always did half arsed revision for gcses (not that it mattered too much in the end huh!) for all my subjects and managed to do okay considering we didn’t sit gcses but I know I could have done better if I revised harder for mocks.

I do OCR A chemistry so this is how I revise
-get your specification!! have it next to you in physical copy or digital. this way you know the important parts the exam board is looking for.

-I make notes for all the more writing/drawing parts of chemistry (e.g., properties of group 7, alcohols) but for the maths side of things unless it’s something I struggle with (like hess cycle or calorimetery) I don’t bother with proper notes. I make a summary sheet with all the equations I need to know and just do practice questions.

-ppqs and I try and time myself because I’m bad with time management. any knowledge based ppqs I make sure to note any key words or phrases in the mark scheme in my notes.

-quizlet flash cards: for my mocks this year I tried to make quizlet flash cards which I found super useful but it takes a lot of time so do this in advance not a week before your exams.

-I use physics and maths tutor for ppqs and they also have great ‘summary notes’ (tbh they are pretty detailed and have most things covered in the spec). also like chemguide for their worksheets not so much for making notes from the website since it’s too detailed and a bit confusing to read sometimes. I have two chemistry textbooks I use too.

I hope this helps good luck for your exams too
im literally the exact same i have such terrible time management and i had the exact same w my gcses aswell but thank youuuuuu sm !!!!!!!!!! good luck for your exams aswelllllllll
nerdsciencefreak
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by saffira)
Was wondering how people found this paper like on a scale of 1-10 (1 being easy 10 being extremely hard). I might be sitting this paper as a mock (i don't want answers or anything please) just wanted an indication of how people found it since i am very anxious about sitting an exam for the first time in a year and a bit haha.
hey bestie,
i did the exam it was okayyy. i would say a 4.
idk.lol
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by nerdsciencefreak)
hey bestie,
was it rlly that easy? also if u don’t mind what were the topics? (don’t feel u have to answer that if u don’t want lol)
saffira
Rep:
?
hey bestie,
tysm! that's not too bad cannot wait for this exam to be over aha
nerdsciencefreak
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by idk.lol)
was it rlly that easy? also if u don’t mind what were the topics? (don’t feel u have to answer that if u don’t want lol)
no it's fine.
i remember there was a lot of calculation questions on like titrations and concentration
equilibrium
alcohol
qualitative analysis (chapter 8 the tests)
chapter 2 questions (protons, neutron...)
mass spectrometry
that's all i can remember
idk.lol
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no it's fine.
i remember there was a lot of calculation questions on like titrations and concentration
equilibrium
alcohol
mass spectrometry
omg thank u so much for this u r amazing !!!!!!
pH092
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
no it's fine.
equilibrium
alcohol
mass spectrometry
Hi, was it a 2020 or 2019 paper? Many thanks
nerdsciencefreak
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
this is 2019

(Original post by pH092)
Hi, was it a 2020 or 2019 paper? Many thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (73)
38.22%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (19)
9.95%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (12)
6.28%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (47)
24.61%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (25)
13.09%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (15)
7.85%

Watched Threads