The Student Room Group

Clingy Ex- Staying Friends. Help!

I broke it off with my ex a while back but we stayed friends as we are in the same friend group- don't get me wrong, I feel fine within the friend group if he's there, it's just awkward alone with him.
He brings gifts to my house like sweets and stuff and flowers not that long ago (although I told him off after that as I don't feel that's acceptable). He is ALWAYS saying good morning and good night- always asking what my family is doing, always asking what I'm doing throughout the day, and if I don't reply he thinks something is wrong.
Yesterday he came to mine as my brother had some friends over and my other friends couldn't come and he was helping me clear up after and said "I'm so good to you aren't I?" and I was like ?????

Please. Just any opinions would be helpful.

Feel free to ask any questions for more info!!! :frown:
He is very ham-handedly trying to woo you back into being his partner. You could let him know that he’s being too much and you don’t want to hear from him to the extent that he has been shoehorning himself into your life.
Reply 2
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
He is very ham-handedly trying to woo you back into being his partner. You could let him know that he’s being too much and you don’t want to hear from him to the extent that he has been shoehorning himself into your life.

Honestly I've had long conversations before. But don't get me wrong, when I DO converse with him, it's almost like he thinks, oh it's fine and reverts! I'm fine for a conversation but not ALL the time!!! I don't know what to do. It's a fragile situation because my friends are also his!
Original post by Anonymous
Honestly I've had long conversations before. But don't get me wrong, when I DO converse with him, it's almost like he thinks, oh it's fine and reverts! I'm fine for a conversation but not ALL the time!!! I don't know what to do. It's a fragile situation because my friends are also his!

Man I really don’t know what to tell you. I’ve got basically no practice with this kind of tricky social situation because I have no friends =/
Also btw, this forum generally frowns on the practice of making duplicate threads on the same topic.
Reply 5
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
Also btw, this forum generally frowns on the practice of making duplicate threads on the same topic.

Oh apologies, I'm not a frequent user of TSR, just needed some advice.
Original post by Anonymous
Oh apologies, I'm not a frequent user of TSR, just needed some advice.

No worries, now you know :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending