tulsajesusfr3ak
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi so I’ve applied for uni this September to do history but I’ve thrown a bit of a wobbler and have decided it’s not what I want to do. Midwifery had always been something I’m interested in and I’m just curious of how to get into it. I don’t have science a level which obviously I know is a problem. I’m taking a year out to work anyway so if doing a biology a level within that worth it? Would doing that and trying to get work experience in healthcare be an option if wanting to apply for 2022? I know it’s very competitive. Any feedback would be great thanks
Allyson2020
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by tulsajesusfr3ak)
Hi so I’ve applied for uni this September to do history but I’ve thrown a bit of a wobbler and have decided it’s not what I want to do. Midwifery had always been something I’m interested in and I’m just curious of how to get into it. I don’t have science a level which obviously I know is a problem. I’m taking a year out to work anyway so if doing a biology a level within that worth it? Would doing that and trying to get work experience in healthcare be an option if wanting to apply for 2022? I know it’s very competitive. Any feedback would be great thanks
Hi
I will send you a detail PM message okay x
millsr
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by tulsajesusfr3ak)
Not having biology A-level doesn't have to be a problem, some universities do not require it, but you may have to accept that you can't necessarily go to your dream university because of it. It could be worth applying through clearing this year if there are places available, but don't pin your hopes on it. You're probably better off taking a year out to get experience in a maternity ward and then applying next year, and potentially doing either biology A-level (or another science) or an access course this year while you wait to reapply
Allyson2020
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by millsr)
Not having biology A-level doesn't have to be a problem, some universities do not require it, but you may have to accept that you can't necessarily go to your dream university because of it. It could be worth applying through clearing this year if there are places available, but don't pin your hopes on it. You're probably better off taking a year out to get experience in a maternity ward and then applying next year, and potentially doing either biology A-level (or another science) or an access course this year while you wait to reapply
Not every university require biology but these are few and far between which ones don't.

I already sent her a verrry long detail message on all things that she can possibly do with this. Including where to try for experience as well for year or so till eventually get onto the course.
millsr
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Allyson2020)
Not every university require biology but these are few and far between which ones don't.

I already sent her a verrry long detail message on all things that she can possibly do with this. Including where to try for experience as well for year or so till eventually get onto the course.
Tried to make that bit clear while also correcting OP but oh well. Apologies if you feel I'm repeating what you've already said but unfortunately private messages are exactly that - private, and therefore I cannot see what you have and haven't written.
Allyson2020
Rep:
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by millsr)
Tried to make that bit clear while also correcting OP but oh well. Apologies if you feel I'm repeating what you've already said but unfortunately private messages are exactly that - private, and therefore I cannot see what you have and haven't written.
Hi friend x

Don't take it to heart ok as what you sort of said is agreeable for OP ok. I apologies to if you feel I should have shared my private information.
I only think it was best to PM her as I won't share certain private information to everyone here as I would had done exactly same to you if you were asking the question OP asked. Reason why there's options of PM messaging.
I don't know what if any experience you got except researching it up.
Last edited by Allyson2020; 7 months ago
AngeHume
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi there. Would you be able to send me the same info? I’m enquiring on behalf of my daughter who is desperate to get into midwifery but wants to weigh up all her options. Many thanks x
AngeHume
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 1 month ago
Hi there. Is there any chance you could send me the same info? Enquiring for my daughter who is desperate to get into midwifery but wants to weigh up all her options . Thanks so much x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.58%
Note taking apps (8)
2.11%
Flashcards (86)
22.69%
Revision guides (19)
5.01%
Past papers (173)
45.65%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise