Post Your Top Tip For Webcam Interviews!

Watch
Scienceisgood
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey Guys;

Just thought I'd ask you what your top tip is for a webcam interview! I have one coming up on Friday (11th June) and thought I'd share one of mine whilst also hopefully getting people to share theirs. =D

My tip I got from a mate of mine is to use the sticky notes app. Keep a few dotted around the window you're using just as a reminder in case you forget something (maybe some strengths you've thought about you'd like to mention).

Don't focus on them too much, just use them as reminders or worst case scenario, you can drag them over the window where you're interviewers window is so it looks like you're looking at them (only do this if you're not sharing your screen though)! =D
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wear trousers.
Scienceisgood
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Wear trousers.
Never done that on any of my previous ones though? :confused:
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Scienceisgood)
Never done that on any of my previous ones though? :confused:
What if for some reason you need to stand up? The interviewer will see you in your skivvies, you'll be mortified and they'll think you're a tramp who couldn't even be bothered to put trousers on.
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
Scienceisgood
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
What if for some reason you need to stand up? The interviewer will see you in your scivvies, you'll be mortified and they'll think you're a tramp who couldn't even be bothered to put trousers on.
I'll just say I had other priorities than putting some useless piece of clothing on. =D
Should get me some points at least for prioritising the interview instead of putting some trousers on. XD
Zarek
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You’re right having memory jogger notes of all the brilliant things you’ve ever done around you but out of sight is the major advantage. Remember though that all the candidates will have this so you still need to deliver them with pomp!
LearningPeople
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It might be worth doing the interview standing up. Standing up completely changes your posture, makes you more alert, opens up your airwaves helping you breathe better, relaxes your shoulders, and helps you feel more confident.

The other thing is to arrange your camera so that you look at it face on. It might mean putting your laptop on a pile of boxes but definitely worth it. It'll make it seem like you're actually giving the interviewer eye contact which helps too.

Also as cheesy as it sounds, make sure you remember to smile.

Jenny at Learning People
route255
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Make sure your Wifi can take an interview. I have to use my 4G mobile data !
tinygirl96
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
smile
Final Fantasy
Report 1 month ago
My good friends Candy and Caramel tell me they have to keep their bodies in shape everyday as well as emphasise their natural God given assets to potential clients during webcam interviews. My other friend Tatiana confirms that it's all about presentation.
Last edited by Final Fantasy; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (22)
27.85%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (8)
10.13%
No I am happy with my choice (45)
56.96%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (4)
5.06%

Watched Threads