The Student Room Group

Imperial College London A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

Hi All,

Please can I ask how does the 'final stage of confirmation' work on results day? Is my understanding correct here - Same as UCAT/MAT score - the results will directly be sent to Universities? How do we know the place is confirmed? Is it after we receive our results at anytime on 18th, or does that happen before we receive the results in hand?

Thanks in Advance.
Original post by srmedi2224
Hi All,

Please can I ask how does the 'final stage of confirmation' work on results day? Is my understanding correct here - Same as UCAT/MAT score - the results will directly be sent to Universities? How do we know the place is confirmed? Is it after we receive our results at anytime on 18th, or does that happen before we receive the results in hand?

Thanks in Advance.

You know it's confirmed when the status changes to "Unconditional Firm" on UCAS. Unis get the grades and make decisions in the weeks leading up to results day, but these are embargoed on Track so you can't see them until results :smile:
Original post by becausethenight
You know it's confirmed when the status changes to "Unconditional Firm" on UCAS. Unis get the grades and make decisions in the weeks leading up to results day, but these are embargoed on Track so you can't see them until results :smile:

Thank you, is there a specific time of the day on results day when UCAS is updated?
Thank you, is there a specific time of the day on results day when UCAS is updated?

Yes, I think it’s usually 9 or 10am?
Original post by becausethenight
Yes, I think it’s usually 9 or 10am?

Thank you

This is an easy thing to google?
https://www.ucas.com/advisers/managing-applications/supporting-you-through-confirmation-and-clearing/confirmation-and-clearing-essentials-2022#what-is-the-embargo
Hi, has there ever been a case where imperial has accepted someone who has got one grade below there required grades for admission? The reason I ask this is because I’m a bit uncertain of achieving the requirements after the AQA chemistry leak
Original post by Kilode
Hi, has there ever been a case where imperial has accepted someone who has got one grade below there required grades for admission? The reason I ask this is because I’m a bit uncertain of achieving the requirements after the AQA chemistry leak

Ever? Probably

This year? Probably not.

Post originally created by ecolier.
I see, how come you say that it’s unlikely this year? I understand that competition for medicine is more competitive than ever, but I also thought maybe the fact that unis haven’t really over offered would potentially negate some of the effect of the former
Original post by Kilode
I see, how come you say that it’s unlikely this year? I understand that competition for medicine is more competitive than ever, but I also thought maybe the fact that unis haven’t really over offered would potentially negate some of the effect of the former

It means they are likely to have other students who did meet the grade requirements on the waiting list that they can call on!

But that’s the thing. I believe I read somewhere Imperial isn’t operating a waitlist (which would also coincide with the fact that they had to open up UCAS Extra to fill up spaces). If they aren’t operating a wait list, then I believe the only other possible place they could fill up spaces on results day is through clearing. So I guess what I’m asking is would Imperial prefer to accept offer holders who have missed their grades, or go back to the drawing board with clearing and find new applicants who have the grades?
Original post by Kilode
But that’s the thing. I believe I read somewhere Imperial isn’t operating a waitlist (which would also coincide with the fact that they had to open up UCAS Extra to fill up spaces). If they aren’t operating a wait list, then I believe the only other possible place they could fill up spaces on results day is through clearing. So I guess what I’m asking is would Imperial prefer to accept offer holders who have missed their grades, or go back to the drawing board with clearing and find new applicants who have the grades?

Hmm I can't answer on their behalf... but how low can they go? Will they accept people who got CCCs (extreme example)?

There has to be a point when they must decide that they would rather try elsewhere. Maybe they will call up on people who they have previously rejected? Who knows?

Even if Imperial doesn't do a waiting list, plenty of other med schools do and therefore many students are "in limbo" and may well call Imperial on Results Day.

(edited 1 year ago)
Hi,
for the imperial offer holders, who has checked their Imperial Gateway and still has one of them as Not Satisfied ? I've got an unconditional and it just says "This offer is subject to your obtainingIf you accept your offer of admission you will enter into a contract with the College. Our terms and conditions can be accessed at: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/students/terms-and-conditions/"

like how do you accept the offer ????
Original post by LordAbs
Hi,
for the imperial offer holders, who has checked their Imperial Gateway and still has one of them as Not Satisfied ? I've got an unconditional and it just says "This offer is subject to your obtainingIf you accept your offer of admission you will enter into a contract with the College. Our terms and conditions can be accessed at: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/students/terms-and-conditions/"

like how do you accept the offer ????

You should email the admissions team. They'll be able to sort you out buddy! :smile:
Anyone know if there is clearing spaces this year?
Original post by sandyb1996
Anyone know if there is clearing spaces this year?

Imperial has never gone into Clearing - it's their policy.

Hey guys, do you know where we can cursive what date does medical school start for imperial college ?
*check
Original post by ICLMED!!
Hey guys, do you know where we can cursive what date does medical school start for imperial college ?

It's 3rd October based on the Fresher's Fair dates - they should send you an email confirming all of this a few days after Results day though :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending