Diep.io
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SirCreepus)
Hey guys! I'm a gap year student reapplying to Imperial this year I hope to get to know you all better over the coming months and hopefully we all get the medical school offers we want
Same here! Good Luck to you too!
Rando3005
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by Diep.io)
Same here! Good Luck to you too!
Same here
User0015
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Hi everyone, does anyone know roughly how many contextual offers Imperial give out each year?
Kevinyang
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by User0015)
Hi everyone, does anyone know roughly how many contextual offers Imperial give out each year?
80% are standard offers, so 20% are contextual?
starlit03
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by SirCreepus)
Hey guys! I'm a gap year student reapplying to Imperial this year I hope to get to know you all better over the coming months and hopefully we all get the medical school offers we want
me too!!!
xivst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Sorry for such questions that no one might know the answer to, but do you know how many interviews imperial would plan to do. By this I mean are they going to follow the trend of 2020 where they interviewed 1200 people or interview more? which follows on to my next question of how many offers they 'normally' give out?

Could someone also explain why the bmat cut off rose by 2 last year?
Adas1332
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
I know questions like "should i apply to imeperial " disliked but i really need help on deciding

I got the 6 in English lang and predicted AABB or AAAB,and got a really bad UCAT below 2300 and b4

is currently revising for the BMAT
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Adas1332)
I know questions like "should i apply to imeperial " disliked but i really need help on deciding

I got the 6 in English lang and predicted AABB or AAAB,and got a really bad UCAT below 2300 and b4

is currently revising for the BMAT
A BMAT uni wouldn't care about your UCAT, but do you think you'll meet Imperial's typical offer of A*AA?

https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...y-requirements
Last edited by ecolier; 1 week ago
Adas1332
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
A BMAT uni wouldn't care about your UCAT, but do you think you'll meet Imperial's standard offer of A*AA?
Im pretty sure 99% that i am eligible for the contexual so hopefully it will lower the grade needed
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Adas1332)
Im pretty sure 99% that i am eligible for the contexual so hopefully it will lower the grade needed
Oh right, in that case it all depends on your BMAT then.
Adas1332
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by ecolier)
Oh right, in that case it all depends on your BMAT then.
Thank you for the reassurance on imperial

]
becausethenight
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xivst)
Sorry for such questions that no one might know the answer to, but do you know how many interviews imperial would plan to do. By this I mean are they going to follow the trend of 2020 where they interviewed 1200 people or interview more? which follows on to my next question of how many offers they 'normally' give out?

Think number of interviews and offers is all on their website, or possibly a FOI? I don’t see why they’d interview any more or less than previously, as they’ve used BMAT score to cap the number of interviews at what they can physically provide and presumably know how many they can offer early on, but that’s just my two cents.

As for why the cutoff went up..:grade inflation, 20% increase in applicants, overoffering in 2020 ringing any bells?
Kevinyang
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xivst)

Normally 5/600 offers from 1100/1200 interviews
In 2020 there were 1128 interviews(390 places)
in 2021 there were 1065 interviews(357 places)
xivst
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kevinyang)
Normally 5/600 offers from 1100/1200 interviews
In 2020 there were 1128 interviews(390 places)
in 2021 there were 1065 interviews(357 places)
Thank you very much
Would you happen to know what it was for UCL?
c_u_r_r_y
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Does anyone know the average BMAT scores for interviewees for 2020 or (even better!) 2021 entry? I'm aware of Imperial's BMAT cut offs however I would be quite interested in what the average BMAT score of those interviewed previously have been, as I would like a solid idea of what I should be working towards? I've had a flick through the FOIs however I'm yet to find anything. thank you!!!
c_u_r_r_y
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Imperial students)
Hi there,

The most common offer that approximately 80% of applicants receive is A*AA where the A* has to be in either biology or chemistry. However, some students do receive an offer of AAA so it is possible that you don't need an A* but this is dependent on your offer. You can find detailed information about entry requirements on the Imperial website:
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/...cine/medicine/

I hope this helps,

Ben
If the offer is A*AA, will the A* be any one of the 2 out of biology or chemistry or will Imperial state whether they want the A* in biology or chemistry specifically? ty!
terrysorange
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by c_u_r_r_y)
Does anyone know the average BMAT scores for interviewees for 2020 or (even better!) 2021 entry? I'm aware of Imperial's BMAT cut offs however I would be quite interested in what the average BMAT score of those interviewed previously have been, as I would like a solid idea of what I should be working towards? I've had a flick through the FOIs however I'm yet to find anything. thank you!!!
I'm not sure about interviewed, but average BMAT of offer holders in 2020 was 5.3,4.9,3.2 A for home fee status applicants
Kevinyang
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by c_u_r_r_y)
If the offer is A*AA, will the A* be any one of the 2 out of biology or chemistry or will Imperial state whether they want the A* in biology or chemistry specifically? ty!
They want A* in biology or chemistry. either will be fine
Kevinyang
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by xivst)
Thank you very much
Would you happen to know what it was for UCL?
Sorry don't know about ucl
dbrownbeast
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by GANFYD)
Apparently degree is ignored and they are scored the same as school leavers, so need A*AA A levels in required subjects and then BMAT ranking
Is this something that is confirmed true? Can't find any information on graduates for this course anywhere
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (316)
57.25%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (77)
13.95%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (62)
11.23%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (48)
8.7%
I haven't started researching yet (28)
5.07%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (21)
3.8%

Watched Threads