The Student Room Group

Imperial College London A100 2022 entry

Scroll to see replies

When do the BMAT cut offs usually get released by Imperial?
Original post by c_u_r_r_y
When do the BMAT cut offs usually get released by Imperial?

At the end of the cycle, so around September next year, though med schools do sometimes release cut-offs to those they reject earlier than this
Original post by GANFYD
At the end of the cycle, so around September next year, though med schools do sometimes release cut-offs to those they reject earlier than this

Oh right, ty!
Anyone else had BMAT issues today?
oops
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by bette4545
Anyone else applying for CompSci? :smile:

You are in the medicine thread, so you are unlikely to find anybody here, I’m afraid
Original post by ethereala
Anyone else had BMAT issues today?

Yep
Original post by Rando3005
Yep

Have you been given an idea as to when it’s been rescheduled to?
Original post by ethereala
Have you been given an idea as to when it’s been rescheduled to?

Nope. Our school made us sit and wait for 2 hours till it started working so we've done it.
expecting the bmat cut off for imperial to take a big dip imo after that section 2 cuz even the grade boundaries can't save how badly the whole cohort did
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by OmarHam3d
expecting the bmat cut off for imperial to take a big dip imo after that section 2 cuz even the grade boundaries can't save how badly the whole cohort did

Each question was chunky though, like dame!
yeah hopefully they lower the cut off for us this year, but i'm a bit worried that it's gonna mean that interviews are gonna be competitive asf if so many people are getting in, because they only give out like 600 offers and they usually interview like 850 so if that goes up i have a feeling it's gonna be tough :frown:
yeah hopefully they lower the cut off for us this year, but i'm a bit worried that it's gonna mean that interviews are gonna be competitive asf if so many people are getting in, because they only give out like 600 offers and they usually interview like 850 so if that goes up i have a feeling it's gonna be tough :frown:

I mean I think they would match the cut offs so that 850 students get offers and if that means it's a low cutoff then it's a low cutoff but I would highly doubt that they would increase the number of students getting an interview offer?
Original post by ukmed2022
I mean I think they would match the cut offs so that 850 students get offers and if that means it's a low cutoff then it's a low cutoff but I would highly doubt that they would increase the number of students getting an interview offer?

perhaps, genuinely have no idea tho so ig we'll just have to wait and see. gl!

Mate, you forgot Imperial got 2 Interviews now!!! There really gonna filter people out, too many people got away with the easiness last year, so there gonna toughen up :s-smilie:
Original post by Diep.io
Mate, you forgot Imperial got 2 Interviews now!!! There really gonna filter people out, too many people got away with the easiness last year, so there gonna toughen up :s-smilie:

I wouldn't say last year was easy cut offs increased by historic levels and competition increased 😂
Original post by Rando3005
I wouldn't say last year was easy cut offs increased by historic levels and competition increased 😂

I mean't those who cheated for S1 last year 2020 Nov and 2021 Feb, since the leaks were going out on March (9th I believe) and also Imperial managed to interview around 1200 people, so assume that number of interviews won't go down, but having the asynchronous online interview made many people got away it as well.
Original post by Diep.io
I mean't those who cheated for S1 last year 2020 Nov and 2021 Feb, since the leaks were going out on March (9th I believe) and also Imperial managed to interview around 1200 people, so assume that number of interviews won't go down, but having the asynchronous online interview made many people got away it as well.

I think some of you think we had it easy last year when it was genuinely horrible. If anyone did cheat I promise you it was a very small percentage. And that asynchronous interview was the absolute worst. Do you have any idea how awkward it is filming yourself answering questions that were flashed on the screen ? Not to mention the fact that you were given barely any time to actually answer the question. And there was no opportunity for follow up questions which can help you get extra marks because again it was only you in the interview !!
Original post by annonymous2003
I think some of you think we had it easy last year when it was genuinely horrible. If anyone did cheat I promise you it was a very small percentage. And that asynchronous interview was the absolute worst. Do you have any idea how awkward it is filming yourself answering questions that were flashed on the screen ? Not to mention the fact that you were given barely any time to actually answer the question. And there was no opportunity for follow up questions which can help you get extra marks because again it was only you in the interview !!

Ooh true.. I forgot about that 4 question to answer in 5 minutes and 7 of those MMI Stations :s-smilie:
Original post by Diep.io
Ooh true.. I forgot about that 4 question to answer in 5 minutes and 7 of those MMI Stations :s-smilie:

It's the same this year so I am looking forward to you breezing through the interviews and getting an offer ifyou think it's easy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending