The Student Room Group

Would I be able to do all my work/take all my notes digitally?

Poll

Would I be able to do all my work/take all my notes digitally?

Hi,

I really struggle with organisation as well as really bad arthritis in my hands. Throughout school + sixth form I've struggled incredibly hard with my organisation to the brink of completely failing.

I'd be fine working on paper if the professor wanted to use a paper copy, then scan it in. I just can't work with paper at all. I will not use the sheets whatsoever and they will get scrunched up. I wonder if I have ADHD as this has been on my school reports every time since reception!

I can easily work with textbooks as well as collected books. I can't do folders or piles of paper.

I also struggle with on/off chemical depression but if it's online I can easily keep on top of the work. So, I'd be working with a laptop + a tablet, doing modern languages (French, Spanish, Japanese) at Birmingham University.

What do you think? :h:
I don’t see why not! I’ve considered this too because I’m tired of wasting paper and always drop my folders haha, so it seems a smart idea. Good luck at uni! :smile:
Original post by royalmilotic
Hi,

I really struggle with organisation as well as really bad arthritis in my hands. Throughout school + sixth form I've struggled incredibly hard with my organisation to the brink of completely failing.

I'd be fine working on paper if the professor wanted to use a paper copy, then scan it in. I just can't work with paper at all. I will not use the sheets whatsoever and they will get scrunched up. I wonder if I have ADHD as this has been on my school reports every time since reception!

I can easily work with textbooks as well as collected books. I can't do folders or piles of paper.

I also struggle with on/off chemical depression but if it's online I can easily keep on top of the work. So, I'd be working with a laptop + a tablet, doing modern languages (French, Spanish, Japanese) at Birmingham University.

Hey Royalmilotic!

I take most of my notes of my laptop, as well as several of my friends, and it's so helpful! Keeps my notes neat and means I can just look for specific phrases using the find tool instead of having to search through all my notes. As well as this, typing was a lot easier during lectures and tutorials, especially when your lecturer talks fast!

My recommendation would be to make sure your notes are saved on onedrive or something similar in case your laptop crashes and you loose all your notes. At least then you will always have access to your notes! :smile: And also create specific documents for each of your module notes instead of having them in random places, better to keep things organised.

Hope this helps!

Bashful
Reply 3
Original post by royalmilotic
Hi,

Be sure to check out the Disabled Students' Allowance.

https://www.gov.uk/disabled-students-allowance-dsa

Quick Reply

Latest