Parade Green or Crescent Hall - Oxford Brookes

Watch
meyrlla
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have the choice of either Parade Green or Crescent Hall as I am doing an Art and Design Foundation. I am stuck on which to choose, as they seem to be very different from each other?
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by meyrlla)
I have the choice of either Parade Green or Crescent Hall as I am doing an Art and Design Foundation. I am stuck on which to choose, as they seem to be very different from each other?
Hello meyrlla,

Hope you are doing well!!

I would say that when it comes to selecting accommodation, the best way to decide which is best for you is by deciding which facilities you are looking for. Also the amount of weeks the accommodation would be contracted to you for.

If you would like you could also use the 'Chat to a Student Ambassador' service, which can be used to chat with current students who can share their university experiences. You can find this at the following link: https://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying-a...nt-ambassador/

I hope this will be able to help, I am a commuting student so I do not have much experience when it comes to selecting accommodation. If you do have any questions, I would be more than happy to try to help.

All the best,

Shaf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by meyrlla)
Hi, this is really sad to see as I'm guessing it's too late for you to change your mind. Brookes is a highly unethical university that has proven time and time again to not care about you or your future. Can I ask what job are you applying for that you need this degree that's worth being over 50k in debt for. Also side note... Look up the press about Oxford Brookes kicking students out of accomodation with no warning and no refund because of the pandemic. Do not give these people your money
joshc344343
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Parade it’s much nicer better facilities and ensuites while most student life is at Clive or cheyney, Parade at least this year had more going on
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
How easy (practical and safety wise) is it to get back from Center of Oxford to Cheney, Clive booth or parade green ?
joshc344343
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How easy (practical and safety wise) is it to get back from Center of Oxford to Cheney, Clive booth or parade green ?
Fairly easy bc u can get the brookes bus which is like every hour n each accommodation has a stop. Would probably go with Clive tho I lived in parade just bc it’s walking distance to uni, city and the university parks. The site is also quite green tho parade is probably nicer inside. Safety wise wouldn’t think much different probably parades safer bc it’s all closed in tho would think prettty much the same safety for all
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi meyrlla
It looks like you are getting a lot of great advice about the different accommodations that we have.

This link will give you all the accommodation information, https://www.brookes.ac.uk/studying-a...tudents/halls/

If there is anything else you would like to know please feel free to come back and ask us.

Bekki
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
16%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (62)
31%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (24)
12%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (16)
8%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (11)
5.5%
I think it's an unfair expectation (52)
26%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.5%

Watched Threads