tobywr_
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
So ; I'm thinking of taking Physics, English and economics for a level but my school offers 'Core maths' which is basically as-level math. Would it be possible for me to get into a good uni (for finance / economics) with those A-levels with mostly A grades? I got a 6 in gcse maths.
HoldThisL
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
yes, just not one that requires A level maths
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Each Econ / Finance course is different and has different requirements - check on each course page to see if they want an A level or just a high GCSE/AS level.

General advice about Applying for Economics : https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/Economics_Degree
Hiro2468
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
Well depending on what uni you want to apply for for a finance course they expect you to do a level maths. I was like you and thought I could do core maths but again depending on where you apply core maths doesn't count.

Also it isn't too much like as level maths it's more similar to GCSE maths is what my friend told and showed me tho theres some stats stuff that are also in as level maths.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (13)
14.29%
I need help researching courses (7)
7.69%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
6.59%
I need help with my personal statement (36)
39.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (23)
25.27%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
2.2%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (4)
4.4%

Watched Threads