GCSE RS or Geography

Watch this thread
Yusuf2007
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have to pick one for my options. Is RS significantly easier to get get top grades than Geography. Im aware that rs doesnt count to ebacc, but does the ebacc really matter?
Hellllpppp
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
The ebacc doesn’t matter at all to individual students it is just used to compare schools sometimes. If you prefer RS then do it I can’t say which one is easier to get top grades in because I only did geography but I think whichever you enjoy more is the one to go for as it’ll be the one you’ll probably do best in.
sciencelover37
Badges: 14
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Yusuf2007)
I have to pick one for my options. Is RS significantly easier to get get top grades than Geography. Im aware that rs doesnt count to ebacc, but does the ebacc really matter?
It depends what you enjoy more. My school forced us to take RS and honestly my whole year hated it so didn’t try and did badly in it. In RS you need to remember some quotes, but I would say yeah, if you remember the right quotes and you know about prayer and worship and the themes it’s... okay? Geography I enjoyed but there are a few case studies, maybe you could look at a past paper for each to see which exam style you like best? For RS there are lots of 12 mark essay questions, and for Geography Paper 3 has fieldwork, the decision making question, etc. I enjoyed Geography more and (probably) have done better in it but that’s mostly because I wasn’t willing to put the effort into RS. I hope this helps
username5366706
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Rs
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads