University of the Arts London or University of Liverpool?

Watch
Orlea
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello!
I've been accepted to study Architecture BA at UAL (Central Saint Martins) and Liverpool Uni. I need to confirm my firm and insured choice ASAP but I'm torn between the two.

I know that there is hardly much of a student 'campus' life in London and I feel like CSM might be a bit pretentious - however, I really like that their course is artier and focuses on the social impact of architecture too, they also have a lovely campus.

As for the University of Liverpool, I'm sure I would have a lot more fun there in the city (as I come from London) but I'm not so sure about how I feel about the course structure and whether or not I will enjoy it or not. The reason I'd like to go here is so that I can escape London (where my family is) and have the proper university experience. It's also a lot cheaper than London.

My friends think that I would be silly to turn down UAL since it's such a more prestigious university, however, I don't know if it really makes all that much of a difference, at the end of the day the University of Liverpool is a Russell group uni. Which one is better than the other?

I have no clue what to do and I think I'm going crazy. Have I got my priorities all wrong?

Any advice would be muchh appreciated. ))
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
What are your other 3 choices? UAL aren’t the only arts University offering architecture - if you want the best of both worlds then look elsewhere. There’s still vacancies on Ucas Extra
Orlea
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I only got offers from UAL and Liverpool.
(Original post by PQ)
What are your other 3 choices? UAL aren’t the only arts University offering architecture - if you want the best of both worlds then look elsewhere. There’s still vacancies on Ucas Extra
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
One of the factors that often gets overlooked is the calibre of guest speakers on your course. It’s likely that more of the major practices would drop into see students in London than in Liverpool. That may sound trivial, but with job-hunting so competitive, if you’ve already met someone from a specific firm it just makes that pathway a little easier.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (0)
0%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (0)
0%
No I am happy with my choice (0)
0%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (0)
0%

Watched Threads