What stationery supplies do I need for my Law degree?

Watch
Beccaelenor
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Pls share anything you use often/have found the most useful!!
chalbliagtelle
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Personally I really find it's easier to type notes because a lot of your reading and resources will be online. If you want to handwrite notes you will for sure need a printer. Aside from that you shouldn't need anything apart from standard pens/pencils and lots of highlighters. I think the only stationery I used was highlighters to highlight my textbook then 90% of my other stuff was online so I used editing tools in Word/OneNote!
EU Yakov
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
nothing. use a laptop like the other 80%
Beccaelenor
Rep:
?
(Original post by chalbliagtelle)
Personally I really find it's easier to type notes because a lot of your reading and resources will be online. If you want to handwrite notes you will for sure need a printer. Aside from that you shouldn't need anything apart from standard pens/pencils and lots of highlighters. I think the only stationery I used was highlighters to highlight my textbook then 90% of my other stuff was online so I used editing tools in Word/OneNote!
Thank you!! I am planning on using my laptop for notes but wasn’t sure if there was anything that required stationery. I will make sure to get lots of highlighters, thank you! 😀
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I love the tab things for using in my stature books etc.
I actually did have write most notes, on the lecture slides so nice folders etc and also a lazer printer has been vital (was £100 or so)
I also went mad on to do lists and highlighters but I love stationary!
Beccaelenor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Catherine1973)
I love the tab things for using in my stature books etc.
I actually did have write most notes, on the lecture slides so nice folders etc and also a lazer printer has been vital (was £100 or so)
I also went mad on to do lists and highlighters but I love stationary!
Thank you so much! I will deffo get the tab things and will have a look at the printer! I love stationery too 😂
Catherine1973
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In my second year I got a nice project book with 5 parts to track each weeks/modules tasks.

Ie had I got the lecture slides/watched the lecture/done core reading /done extra reading/ done the tutorials/ ant follow up questions.

Kept me organised to see all the things I had to do in one place.
Beccaelenor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Catherine1973)
In my second year I got a nice project book with 5 parts to track each weeks/modules tasks.

Ie had I got the lecture slides/watched the lecture/done core reading /done extra reading/ done the tutorials/ ant follow up questions.

Kept me organised to see all the things I had to do in one place.
Great, thank you so much! I will get one of those.
hopeful-lawyer
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I just used my laptop. I bought a bunch of new stationery before I started university, and I did end up using a planner and a big whiteboard for jotting down random things, but other than that, my laptop was my best friend!
amanikaurr
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Laptop, printer, highlighters and post its
Beccaelenor
Rep:
?
(Original post by hopeful-lawyer)
I just used my laptop. I bought a bunch of new stationery before I started university, and I did end up using a planner and a big whiteboard for jotting down random things, but other than that, my laptop was my best friend!
thank you!!
Beccaelenor
Rep:
?
(Original post by amanikaurr)
Laptop, printer, highlighters and post its
thank you - i will get lots of highlighters and post its lol!
Joleee
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
unless you're made out of money, i wouldn't buy a printer till you get to uni as you might get 'free' printing credit every year, printed handouts of lecture slides, and plus you don't know how much printing you'll need to do if you can organise yourself on your laptop.

in general tho i think you're overthinking it. get the same stationary as you've always used. nothing special about LLB specifically :nah:
Pearson Business School Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Beccaelenor)
Pls share anything you use often/have found the most useful!!
Hi, I hope you are well.

I would say that when studying law it so much easier to do everything on the laptop due to there being so much content and its so much easier and quicker to type up notes. However, when revising I find that I remember things better when I write them down. I particularly like the use of different colour pens (to do mind maps and separate topics) and post-it notes to keep my thoughts organised but interesting to look at. I also recommend the use of A3 paper for mind maps, and a lined A4 pad for rushed notes during a lecture, that you can decipher and organize after.

I hope this helps.

Ilona - Pearson Business School Student Ambassador
EU Yakov
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pearson Business School Rep)
Hi, I hope you are well.

I would say that when studying law it so much easier to do everything on the laptop due to there being so much content and its so much easier and quicker to type up notes. However, when revising I find that I remember things better when I write them down. I particularly like the use of different colour pens (to do mind maps and separate topics) and post-it notes to keep my thoughts organised but interesting to look at. I also recommend the use of A3 paper for mind maps, and a lined A4 pad for rushed notes during a lecture, that you can decipher and organize after.

I hope this helps.

Ilona - Pearson Business School Student Ambassador
what's pearson business school and what are you lot doing in the law forum lol
Pearson Business School Rep
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by EU Yakov)
what's pearson business school and what are you lot doing in the law forum lol
Pearson Business School is a higher education provider. I am currently doing my law degree here. I thought I could be helpful by sharing my knowledge of my degree so far, I am going into my third year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (42)
27.1%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (14)
9.03%
No I am happy with my choice (88)
56.77%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (11)
7.1%

Watched Threads