AelinGalanythius
Badges: 13
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I've been sent a letter saying I'll get the minimum student loan but nothing else (it also says this on my application although I have just changed the uni so this has to be processed again). The problem is, my dad had a well paid job for six months of 2019 but has been redundant since June of that year (nearly two years). With his salary, I would only qualify for minimum maintenance loan but without, I should according to the calculator (I know this is only a rough guide) get around £6800 for the maintenance loan. Is the minimum loan what SFE have finalised as I am worried that they have not taken into account the fact he was made redundant 2 years ago. Thanks
SFE Isaac
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AelinGalanythius)
So I've been sent a letter saying I'll get the minimum student loan but nothing else (it also says this on my application although I have just changed the uni so this has to be processed again). The problem is, my dad had a well paid job for six months of 2019 but has been redundant since June of that year (nearly two years). With his salary, I would only qualify for minimum maintenance loan but without, I should according to the calculator (I know this is only a rough guide) get around £6800 for the maintenance loan. Is the minimum loan what SFE have finalised as I am worried that they have not taken into account the fact he was made redundant 2 years ago. Thanks
Hi, we have taken his 2019/20 income into account.

If your household income has dropped by more than 15% then your parent(s) can complete a Current Year Income form to provide their estimated 2021/22 tax year income. If they do this, it's important they update us if their income changes throughout the year because at the end of the tax year we will ask them to provide the actual income they earned with evidence and if their actual income doesn't match the estimated income they provided then it could cause you to be overpaid and be required to pay money back. Your parent(s) can download this form and find out more information by clicking here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/currenty...ome/index.html

Thanks, Isaac
AelinGalanythius
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
Hi, we have taken his 2019/20 income into account.

If your household income has dropped by more than 15% then your parent(s) can complete a Current Year Income form to provide their estimated 2021/22 tax year income. If they do this, it's important they update us if their income changes throughout the year because at the end of the tax year we will ask them to provide the actual income they earned with evidence and if their actual income doesn't match the estimated income they provided then it could cause you to be overpaid and be required to pay money back. Your parent(s) can download this form and find out more information by clicking here https://media.slc.co.uk/sfe/currenty...ome/index.html

Thanks, Isaac
Thanks, I'll get my parents to have a look now
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thanks, I'll get my parents to have a look now
You're welcome
AelinGalanythius
(Original post by SFE Isaac)
You're welcome
Hi so my parents have apparently filled this out already. Is it worth phoning student finance to try and sort this out?
SFE Isaac
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi so my parents have apparently filled this out already. Is it worth phoning student finance to try and sort this out?
Yes or message us on Facebook/Twitter.
Thanks, Isaac
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (32)
15.53%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (63)
30.58%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (25)
12.14%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (17)
8.25%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (12)
5.83%
I think it's an unfair expectation (54)
26.21%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1.46%

Watched Threads