The Student Room Group

Tiffins sixth form dress code

Is the dress code for tiffins boys sixth form strict? I don't really no what kinda clothes I can wear there.
Original post by Banoot
Is the dress code for tiffins boys sixth form strict? I don't really no what kinda clothes I can wear there.

they dont say anything about the dress code on the website. i see so many students wearing casual to the sixth form. if you dont know by your fist day dress business casual!
Reply 2
Original post by hopefullylost!
they dont say anything about the dress code on the website. i see so many students wearing casual to the sixth form. if you dont know by your fist day dress business casual!

Thanks for the answer! And this feels like a stupid question, but is the the sixth form building in the exact same area as the normal school? Like when I come into tiffins where do I go?
Hi I’m in year 11 and wanna apply to tiffin do u go there now if so how is it would u advice to go there ?
Reply 4
Hi there!
Sorry for the late reply, but I do go to tiffins now. And yeah, it is a really really good school, I would definitely reccomend going there. I went to a normal state school before, so tiffins was a big step up in many ways, like teachers etc. There's also loads of extra curricular opportunities like trips and clubs (which I didn't have much of in secondary school). If you have the chance to apply here, you should definitely do it!
Thank you so much for ur reply( and congrats for getting in there although it’s a late one 😂) do u mind saying what u got for GCSEs just so I can have a idea
Reply 6
Thank you 😁. I got seven 9s, three 8s, two sevens and a B (I took maths, additional maths, English, triple science, RE, computer science, history, citizenship, Spanish and Latin) Good luck if you apply there!
Original post by Banoot
Hi there!
Sorry for the late reply, but I do go to tiffins now. And yeah, it is a really really good school, I would definitely reccomend going there. I went to a normal state school before, so tiffins was a big step up in many ways, like teachers etc. There's also loads of extra curricular opportunities like trips and clubs (which I didn't have much of in secondary school). If you have the chance to apply here, you should definitely do it!

hey, I know reply is like a year late, but I've got into tiffin for 2023 sixth form and I wanna go but I'm worried it is just gonna be revision and work 24/7. I like going out on the weekend and stuff, do most people go out or is it mainly just kids who are very focused on exams?
Reply 8
Original post by eviemiah
hey, I know reply is like a year late, but I've got into tiffin for 2023 sixth form and I wanna go but I'm worried it is just gonna be revision and work 24/7. I like going out on the weekend and stuff, do most people go out or is it mainly just kids who are very focused on exams?

Hey there, like in every school, there's definitely a mix of people in that sense, so there'll be the people that are very focussed on exams but there'll also be those that go out on weekends and stuff. I'm one of the ones that leans towards studying more (especially since a levels are coming soon 🥲) but in y12 you'll definitely have free time to go out and there'll be others doing it as well. It's not a crazy academic focussed place or anything, but it probably leans a little more towards that than other schools to be fair. Basically, you don't need to worry to much about that!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending